• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Flashy's CG EP3 premier

There's not actually a great amount in it on the graph is there. How's the difference when driving?

It makes me glad I did the rbc, dc sports manifold etc in one hit and only went back once with a 3 inch exhaust as its far too easy to chase the extra numbers with more bolt on bits! Haha, it gets us all. I just got a bit too carried away and ended up with a rotrex.

I'm not sure you'd see a huge difference with the dc5 manifold, the sports cats don't really work that well. Best option is to not run one, then swap back for mot time, but that has its risks.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

There is 17bhp difference above 8k, at least 5 across the range above 6k.It does feel noticeable, especially above 6k, sounds evil too. I may look at the solid fabs 3" manifold back set up next.

I thought it would be higher across the whole rev range for some reason. But as with most mods on the k20, high rpm is key.

I made 20bhp peak going from a 2.5 centre pipe and original silencer to the tdi 3 inch system. It really seemed to wake the engine up. I'm not sure if it was the extra power or the difference in the curve which made it feel faster, but it certainly did!

Part of me does miss how it was before, the extra 100 odd horsies does make for a lot of fun though!

Bear in mind my car has oem cat and exhaust manifold, oem cams and just the 2.5 inch catback. I think the spread of BHP and torque is pretty good, and to get 231bhp peak is encouraging for further mods. The torque peak is a strange one though, only got an extra 2lbft, at 156lbft.
Injector duty is at 87% so I may have to consider some 410cc in the future. Not sure a 3 inch exhaust will make much difference if the oem cat is still on. I'm not going to change the throttle body for a larger one.
Question is have I maxed the cars potential with the oem cat?
I'll probably sort the brakes and springs out next, got them all but just need to fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really hard to say if it's at its capacity with the cat overall. I'd say it's definitely past its peak efficiency of flow, you can see that by the torque figures and the injector duty cycle. It's working pretty hard to try and compensate for the increased exhaust back pressure.

If it drives nicely and you're dead set on keeping the cat then I'd leave it be. You won't get much bang for your buck, that's for sure. But tuning a Honda, I'm sure you have felt that pain already!

I've always read that injectors are good until you get as far as cams. Throttle body does little to nothing other than stick and adversely affect drivability.

Next on the list would be LSD and decent suspension and geometry set up, yet again not cheap and not that much to be gained on a road car seeing no track time.

I'm glad it's somewhere close to where you want it now though. I really need to take mine out for a blast before the mot on Saturday!

Plans....

Suspension - I've had my eibach pro kit springs in the garage for a while now, my next bigger mod will be to get these fitted along with some bilstein shocks. To buy the shocks and get everything installed is going to set me back around £650
Or I could leave the shocks as mine don't appear to be leaking?

Brakes - again, I've had parts sat I the garage waiting to go on. Got some mtec grooved discs and ds2500 pads for the fronts. I'll whack those on. I'll check the calipers for function and service if necessary.

Tyres - getting close to replacing the rears now, ad08r have lasted a couple of years. I have ps4 on the fronts but I don't like the way they look on the wheel. Seem to slope in, I prefer a square look. Not sure what to replace the rears with, asymmetric 5s any good?

Performance - tempted with the solid fabs 3" manifold back, but it'll set me back around £1200 to buy, fit and map. Not sure I want to spend that much. Also been thinking about increasing the induction piping from 3" to 3.5". I could make my own using self seal take off valves and some 45 degree 90mm ID silicone tubing.

Next year - I may look to change the car for something else, depends what I do with mods in the next six months.

If I was you my next mod would be an LSD. This will transform the way your car handles. I'd be happy with the power that you have the now, especially considering you still have a cat.

Got someone looking at the car later with a view to buy. Enjoyed it, just want something a little newer, plus I'm knocking on a bit :lol:

Got someone looking at the car later with a view to buy. Enjoyed it, just want something a little newer, plus I'm knocking on a bit
I'm thinking of getting rid of mine for the same reasons

Where did you advertise and sell it in the end of you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk

Be wary with the Albanians, they thrive off gumtree. Turn up in groups and play the distraction purchase (oil in coolant bottle is the usual trick) They scammed my mate with his Q7

Be wary with the Albanians, they thrive off gumtree. Turn up in groups and play the distraction purchase (oil in coolant bottle is the usual trick) They scammed my mate with his Q7

Same for buyers, not too long ago a guy and his mrs went to view a car with a view to purchase and took cash, guy got beat up and his money taken. Too many thugs out there doing as they please with no retribution as the police prefer to police facebook for big bad hate speech lol.

Yeah read that, took 9 grand with them to purchase a Mercedes pulled up at the registered address within minutes their phone rang asking where they were and seconds later a transit pulled up blocked them off and pulled guns out, bloke got a massive beating as well, Manchester area and apparently they've done it around 17 times

The grill on these things is unbelievable when trying to remove :eek:

Attachments

• sketch-1583582312917_copy_926x540.png
    sketch-1583582312917_copy_926x540.png
    628.3 KB · Views: 41
  • sketch-1583582405387_copy_904x540.png
    sketch-1583582405387_copy_904x540.png
    687.1 KB · Views: 41
Back