• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Flashy's CG EP3 premier

My fujitsubo backbox arrived today, looks a lovely bit of kit. Waiting on the J's racing b pipe to a arrive before I get to fit anything. Powerflex gearbox mount insert came today too.

Got a bit of an issue with my mix and match catback, the holes on the connection plate of the fuji back box doesn't line up with the J's racing b-pipe, it's a bit bigger. The back box that came with the J's racing b-pipe has a rattle (it's the metal mesh inside that's broken away). I have a few options -

A) Do I just fit the J's b pipe to the oem back box and flog the Fuji
B) Drill some holes in the Fuji connector and bolt it to the J's b pipe.
C) Try and yank out the rattling mesh inside the J's back box and use it as a complete cat back? (Don't know how important/relevant that mesh is)?

Here's a pic....about a half hole per bolt

Attachments

• DSC_0403 (640x361).jpg
    DSC_0403 (640x361).jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 56
Not sure if the b pipe is titanium or stainless, the fuji is obviously stainless. I don't want to use the OEM b pipe

Cleaned. Need to get and sort out the scratches.
Quick underbonnet pic.

Attachments

• DSC_0417-640x361.JPG
    DSC_0417-640x361.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_0415-640x361.JPG
    DSC_0415-640x361.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 64
Don't think I will be doing the exhaust on my drive :p

Heatshield is knackered, is it easy to replace?

Attachments

• DSC_0419-640x361.JPG
    DSC_0419-640x361.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 50
Is this normal or gonna be a problem when I take it to the exhaust centre?

Attachments

• DSC_0420-640x361.JPG
    DSC_0420-640x361.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 41
Has anyone replaced their cat on an ep3 with an aftermarket brand? Just anticipating what the exhaust centre may recommend.

I replaced the cat with a standard unit as mine had corroded and I got a mint second hand one for £20 :) you can buy sockets for rounded or corroded nuts and they work really well.

Think I'll take it to an exhaust place I know who fitted my milltek on my Fn2, and ask em what they think. Might just get the J's racing b pipe fitted for now, but I'm gonna have to fix/replace the heatshield.

Mine didn't look as bad as that and I had to use heat to get the bolts out. Glad I had use of a ramp for it!

Back