• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Running Costs & Consumables

Hi,

Wanted to find out more about what these are like to run as a daily, how long decent tyres last, how good is it on fuel (know it's not about that with these but would be nice to know) and how long do other consumables last (brake pads, etc). Are parts prices reasonable? I drove an FK2 when they first came and I loved it. Drove the new one and it's fantastic too so at the moment I'm still undecided which way to go. Knowing rough running costs would be a good starting point.

Thanks

Martyn

My FK is a daily and on 17k.
Its been serviced 4 times on the service plan so not cost me or previous owner anything.

The Conti tyres last 5k if you are lucky so most change to Michelin.

Im still on original discs and pads and there 70% and 60% worn - new front discs are £250ish and rears £150 .

Really good on fuel.
Regularly see anything between 30 - 45mpg when on a long drive.
Great cars and awsome with a few bolt on mods.
I grin everytime i drive it...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My FK is a daily and on 17k.
Its been serviced 4 times on the service plan so not cost me or previous owner anything.

The Conti tyres last 5k if you are lucky so most change to Michelin.

Im still on original discs and pads and there 70% and 60% worn - new front discs are £250ish and rears £150 .

Really good on fuel.
Regularly see anything between 30 - 45mpg when on a long drive.
Great cars and awsome with a few bolt on mods.
I grin everytime i drive it...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That's good to know. I'm coming from a Stage 2 tuned Octavia vRS running about 280bhp. Conti's in my experience grip well but don't last long, almost going off a cliff at 3mm. I've run Michelin PS4's since they've come out and loved them. Fuel wise seems to be the same as what I get now running on VPower/Momentum99. The modification side is what appeals. It's already a good step on from what I already have but has potential for even more which should keep me entertained for a good few years.

Back