• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hondata Airbox Mod

Hi all,

I done the air box mod at the weekend and have found that when the VTEC kicks in its not as loud and has a smoother transition. Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Cheers,

Josh
3c82ae6d54ee9bd8865a0d9d1ee409d0.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

To be honest it looks abit half done. I'd want to create a smooth surface as yours is still rough. But never noticed a change at all even when it was fully smoothed.

To be honest it looks abit half done. I'd want to create a smooth surface as yours is still rough. But never noticed a change at all even when it was fully smoothed.

Yeah I did smooth it down after I took this picture. So you didn't find the sound of the VTEC was quieter?

No didn't notice any change at all.

Adding the CaF to the front of the car increased induction noise slightly as you could hear it sucking.

No didn't notice any change at all.

Adding the CaF to the front of the car increased induction noise slightly as you could hear it sucking.

Yeah I will pick one up on the weekend. Seems strange that my VTEC noise isn't really noticeable. I have a new K&N filter on the way, I'll have to check later on that everything is tight etc.

Cheers,

Josh

I was a bit disappointed when I opened mine to do the mod and install a K&N filter, to find the mod had already been done! Haven't really noticed a noise increase with the filter, but it does make a nice subtle noise when hitting VTEC but no massive "kick". Can't compare to a standard box though as I haven't had one.

I was a bit disappointed when I opened mine to do the mod and install a K&N filter, to find the mod had already been done! Haven't really noticed a noise increase with the filter, but it does make a nice subtle noise when hitting VTEC but no massive "kick". Can't compare to a standard box though as I haven't had one.

I bought the car with a universal induction kit. The VTEC sounded great when it kicked it however the acceleration felt very restricted. With this mod it seems to be very quiet although it feels stronger when accelerating. Not sure if that is because the induction kit that the car came with was crap or the modded air box does actually make a difference?

Looking to do this mod but just wondering what cold air feed people are fitting on the fn2?

Ram airs own flexible intake pipe , around 80-82mm , removing the resonator box and going directory to the airbox.

I'll add some pictures later.

I didn't notice anything on mime years ago, if you want noise and power buy a gruppe m or tegiwa airbox

Back