• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 front lower chassis brace???

Hey guys and gals,

A friend has bought an EP3 Type R he's been on the hunt for a while and finally found a decent one a few tidy up's but all seemed good.

Yesterday he put in the engine mount inserts but came across an issue. Basically the front lower chassis brace (the one that sit's behind the engine and braces the chassis not the struts) has rusted through. He need's to get one asap but he was wondering if any aftermarket one's are available?

We have both trawled the net and we can find the upper strut brace but not that one behind the engine.

Apart from OEM has one been done by the likes of Cusco, Ultra Racing etc?

I would just go OEM tbh mate. I can't see any benefit from an up-rated one if they even exist.

Yeah, I showed my mate this and it's not a bad price to be fair, his bro works for a company as a welder and is really handy so he's now toying with the idea of his bro fabricating a stainless steel one.

Maybe that's why we can't find an uprated one maybe aftermarket companies thought they can't improve on it or it wasn't worth doing.

Its a fixed bar so i don't really see how you could improve on it. Have you tried Cox or Hendy for a price. They are usually quite competitive on price.

Shouldn't be too hard to fab one up though as its just a bar/pipe with a bracket welded on either side.

Yeah, Cox is my usual go to place for genuine parts, top guys.

Yeah I think he will probably get a stainless one made up now knowing him lol.

Back