• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Looking to buy my first dc5

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a little advice. Today I test drove a 2003 jdm dc5. It was very clean, had loads of history. Mileage warranty cert from import. Everything matched up. It was very clean apart from alloys and seat bolster needing refurb. It's been in this country for 2 years with the same owner. My concern was that you couldn't feel when the vtec kicked in. The power was smooth throughout the revs and it was QUICK. it felt as fast as my old sti Scooby. The garage said it was standard but from the exhaust, although I found a performance filter fitted. Just wondering what people opinions are that own them. Thanks in advance

What exhaust was on it? You should be able to clearly feel the car almost bolt forward when VTEC engages. I would walk away unless the garage diagnoses. I had an issue with my DC5 where it would bog as soon as VTEC engages. Turned out to be a clogged catback system.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Not entirely sure tbh. After what I've read I'm thinking it could possibly had been remapped. It just felt too quick from lower to mid range revs making the vtec almost impossible to feel. I have driven a standard civic type r 2004 and there was a definite pull when the vtec kicked but I wasn't overly impressed with the performance. The dc5 yesterday was far quicker

Sounds like it’s been mapped. My DC5 will be for sale tomorrow, two owner 2001 CW near enough standard.

It's up to you, buying modified is always a bigger risk as you don't know the quality of the work that has been carried out. However it can work out better sometimes as it'll save you money if that's the route you would go down.

Entirely up to you but there is standard examples out there if you prefer OEM. You should still feel the VTEC engage though.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'm not too concerned about the remap as these engines are strong from what I've read. I'm not used to a vtec but have driven a standard civic try 2004 and I definitely felt the vtec. This integra pulled like fook from the start and flew through the revs

I'm not too concerned about the remap as these engines are strong from what I've read. I'm not used to a vtec but have driven a standard civic try 2004 and I definitely felt the vtec. This integra pulled like fook from the start and flew through the revs
It could be they have added the hondata airbox mod? I found when I done this to my ep3 the pull in VTEC was still as strong but I can no longer hear the massive howl. Its a lot more of a smoother transition now.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I've got a ep3 running 257 bhp and when vtec kicks in at 4200 it's like a massive kick up the arse not only can you feel it but you can definitely hear it . I had a ep3 before this one that you couldn't really feel the vtec and it turned out to be the solenoid was up the shoot

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back