• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Auto wipers and auto lights not working.

Hi i am sure when i bought my fn2 about 6 months ago the auto wipers where working.
I have poured water over the sensor and nothing happens.
I have slow or fast plus mist function only as the auto function is not working.

The other issue is my auto lights do not work either .
Do you think these 2 problems could be the sensor in the windscreen.

Thanks steve

The light and rain light sensor are all one unit. Chances are the fault is all related.
Sometimes the sensors can get damaged when windscreens are replaced if it’s been done recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,thanks for reply.
Windscreen has not been replaced but sensor is 10 years old.
I will get a known working one off ebay and see if that cures it.

Hi, i bought a replacement second hand one which apparently was/is working.
However after disconnecting battery for an hour and fitting replacement they still do not work.
I put a meter on connecting block to sensor and i get 12v so i have power to sensor but still not working.

Hmmm second hand sensor not working?

Anyone have a working spare i could borrow or purchase to test?

Thanks steve

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i fixed the problem!!!

Advice for others possibly.
Online search says number 1 fuse inside car is power window,but after reading my freshly obtained Haynes manual this in not true!(Ep3??)
Haynes says fuse 1 is for ,
Cooling fans,auto wipers and lights plus headlamp adjust.
The auto wipers,headlights and headlamp adjust did not work on mine but i checked what i thought was the correct fuse.
I pulled out every fuse and examined them and they all looked fine.

However after reading Haynes manual last night i thought hmmm it must be number 1 fuse.
I went to mates and borrowed his working sensor and plugged it into mine,nothing worked so i knew then it must be either a fuse,relay or wiring.
I pulled out number 1 fuse after tip off from Haynes manual and it looked fine,just incase i put a brand new fuse in and yippee happy days.

I now have auto lights,wipers and headlamp adjust so double check your suspected fuse with a new one,hope this helps.
I now have a working spare which cost £15 so a good day today:smt039 :wine:

Hi Steve, Have you still got that spare sensor? I have checked mine and I have 1 permanent live 2 ignitions 1 earth but no output. Fuse seems fine.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i fixed the problem!!!

Advice for others possibly.
Online search says number 1 fuse inside car is power window,but after reading my freshly obtained Haynes manual this in not true!(Ep3??)
Haynes says fuse 1 is for ,
Cooling fans,auto wipers and lights plus headlamp adjust.
The auto wipers,headlights and headlamp adjust did not work on mine but i checked what i thought was the correct fuse.
I pulled out every fuse and examined them and they all looked fine.

However after reading Haynes manual last night i thought hmmm it must be number 1 fuse.
I went to mates and borrowed his working sensor and plugged it into mine,nothing worked so i knew then it must be either a fuse,relay or wiring.
I pulled out number 1 fuse after tip off from Haynes manual and it looked fine,just incase i put a brand new fuse in and yippee happy days.

I now have auto lights,wipers and headlamp adjust so double check your suspected fuse with a new one,hope this helps.
I now have a working spare which cost £15 so a good day today:smt039 :wine:
This is fuse one in the drivers foot well right?

Back