• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

WelshyWelsh's FK8

I wasn't exaggerating, it gets worse :lol:

Cars following you into supermarkets and you end up going home, cars pulling up outside your house at all hours, being photographed even on the move.

It's very stressful but nice at the same time :)

I had a pizza delivery guy actually reverse up my street so he could take pictures of my fk2. I returned the favour by taking pictures of him. He saw me then drove off with a thumbs up :lol:

Yep had that one on day one of ownership, young lad sat at the lights saw me and reversed all the way back down and dropped his window :lol:

Cheers everyone. The amount of attention it's been getting has been insane. I expected attention, but still. The guy in a hoodie taking photos outside house yesterday and then calling someone was interesting...

I got this loads when i picked up my FK2, and still do on odd occasion. When i first got the car my street was a conveyor belt of local kids coming to take pictures.

Just last week the neighbours a few doors down had a house party. About 10 guys came out, beers in hand, and spent a few minutes pointing & checking out the car... so i decided to mow the front lawn :lol:

Teenagers at supermarkets too with their phones.

Kinda flattering but still.. DON'T TOUCH.

Its impossible to be inconspicuous, wherever you go.

I think we should start a Type R bingo thread. Winner gets a present of Loxy's choosing :lol:

Had the photographed/video'd by the car behind today!

Absolutely loving the car. Got the popular brake squeal, but haven't done much in the way of hard braking yet so to be expected.

Another ten days and I reckon I'll have done the 600 miles I've given myself before seeing upwards of 4K rpm. Love the fact that taking it easy is seeing me get everywhere faster than the M200 anyway, whilst carrying two large boxes back to the shop, a bike and two passengers.

Had police pull up next to me at the lights today, ask me to put my window down before congratulating me on my purchase. I said I'd let them win off the lights.

First proper run from home to the office in Worcester and back so M4/M50. It's just so good!

Had a good play with the lane assist, adaptive cruise control, listened to some DAB, cruised in comfort mode, averaged nearly 40mpg and did some silly acceleration to overtake stuffs. Just love this car.

It probably helps that I was driving an Alfa on this route 2 weeks ago mind.

I'm ok for those, never been massively keen tbh. The carbon spoiler on the other hand...

Liking the sound (literally) of the Mishimoto intake too.

Nearly a year already, time is flying.

8YrXcMS.jpg

Back