• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

WelshyWelsh's FK8

Can't believe I'm a week away from 3 years with this.

Had a service and some warranty work done this week, new front grille the main thing, to hopefully sort the parking sensors going off in the rain.

Hope everyone is good!

Did you to a 4 year pcp/hp thing? Wondering what your thoughts are of the car coming to the end of a finance deal if that’s the case. Whether you’re starting to have thoughts of changing or if it’s very much still a keeper?
What mileage are you on?

3 year PCP. I'm definitely keeping it rather than handing back. Currently on 28k miles and dealer offered me £23k p/x.

Private sales seem to be at £25k, so not bad in terms of depreciation. Still keeping an eye on a Giulia QV but would be at least another year in the FK8 before then. Still love it!

A friend of mine has an FK8 & a Giulia Quadrifoglio :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome back, stranger!

Oh, and get the Alfa while the getting is good on the residual value for the FK8 is still high. :lol:

Welcome back, stranger!

Oh, and get the Alfa while the getting is good on the residual value for the FK8 is still high. :lol:

Thanks mate. Done a bit of lurking, but nothing to report, so been quiet! How's things, what you driving now?

Still looking at £40k for a 3 year old one, so need to wait a bit longer on depreciation and just to make properly sure that the Ferrari engine is out of warranty.

What would be the driver in waiting for the engine to be out of warranty?

And I'm slowly falling down the pecking order I'm afraid. Have a mk3.5 (facelift) Focus ST estate now, after killing the Volvo in spectacular fashion.

What would be the driver in waiting for the engine to be out of warranty?

And I'm slowly falling down the pecking order I'm afraid. Have a mk3.5 (facelift) Focus ST estate now, after killing the Volvo in spectacular fashion.

Firmly tongue in cheek mate! Can't afford it until it's out of warranty :p

Nothing wrong with the ST estate, look good!

Surely if you intend to drive it hard it's better for the engine to be in warranty if you're going to blow it up, say? :lol:

And no they aren't a bad looking car, just I'm finding the quietness of it boring, the fact it has thirsty fuel habits for very little theatre, and is actually slower than the V50! The V50 handled better too. ST seems to understeer / slide all four wheels easier than I would have expected. Although I'm wondering whether this is down the frankly obscenely high recommended tyre pressures - 41psi front and 38psi rear... That, and perhaps the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 isn't actually that good a tyre.

That's awesome! Remember you saying when I got mine you'd get one "in 10 years" so you're well ahead! What year/colour?
Haha yes I did! I thought if i don't get one now it will be more difficult in 5 years with kids being in their late teens.

2017 Metallic grey. Hopefully all good for pickup Tuesday

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back