• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Quality issues

The accord horns were a direct swap for the FK2, Honda part numbers 38100-TL0-G01 & 38150-TL0-G01.

By the sounds of things it's the same sounding horn, quite a few Fk2 owners swapped to the accord ones

Sorry but I find it quite funny people complain about a bit of brake noise in a high performance car. :)

Before we know it we'll end up with watered down crap again to appease the masses.

Sorry but I find it quite funny people complain about a bit of brake noise in a high performance car. :)

Before we know it we'll end up with watered down crap again to appease the masses.

Me too , its funny, ive no idea what people thought they were buying, seems to me that the softer ever day aspect has attracted some real whingers to what has always been a fairly hardcore brand, if the brakes squeak punish them more, brake later and harder , get some real heat into them. Its this kind of feedback that will result in future type r 's being all soft and fluffy

Me too , its funny, ive no idea what people thought they were buying, seems to me that the softer ever day aspect has attracted some real whingers to what has always been a fairly hardcore brand, if the brakes squeak punish them more, brake later and harder , get some real heat into them. Its this kind of feedback that will result in future type r 's being all soft and fluffy

You lot make me laugh, ‘buying into’ - this isn’t a compromised track only weapon, it’s a car for daily use with more toys than Hamleys. The brake squeal people are ‘whinging’ about is excessive not just a bit and for them it’s ruining the experience, the promise of a ‘car you will want to keep on driving’ not quite delivering.

I agree fantheman.
If i wanted a track only car i wouldn't have bought a blxxdy Honda. There are much better cars for that.

I agree fantheman.
If i wanted a track only car i wouldn't have bought a blxxdy Honda. There are much better cars for that.

Sounds like you should have bought a golf r ;)

My fk2 brakes have squealed since the day i took delivery of it, never bothered me one bit, infact im pretty sure the fk2 and the fk8 have exactly the same brakes, driving the car properly gets rid of the noise.

Same here.

My FK2 Brembo brakes, which are the same as the FK8's, have always squealed. Its worse this time of year. Cold weather etc. I turn the music up. Or go faster. Problem fixed.

throwing my tuppence in. My CW hasn't squeaked at all, but I'm thinking as a ex-demonstrator it would've been through a few heat cycles in the various test drives (including when I took it out ;) ).

a couple of new owner questions/issues from me.

anyone else found their rear (excuse for) parcel/shelf (Hammock?) doesn't retract particularly gracefully?
is anyone using the "aha" on the Infotainment screen, on mine when I press it says "update needed, please contact your dealer".
has anyone downloaded any apps and found any particularly useful to have loaded on-board they'd like to share?

lane assist I'm finding a bit annoying when say joining a vacant dual carriageway from a slip road, that the car tried to steer me away from the road I'm joining, ok maybe it's telling me I need to get into the habit to use my indicators even when the road is clear, but didn't think the LKAS should really try and point me towards the grass verge.

Android auto or Apple car play are the most useful app, especially andriod auto for Google maps, as the poor excuse of a nav as standard is tragic

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you should have bought a golf r ;)

My fk2 brakes have squealed since the day i took delivery of it, never bothered me one bit, infact im pretty sure the fk2 and the fk8 have exactly the same brakes, driving the car properly gets rid of the noise.

Same here.

My FK2 Brembo brakes, which are the same as the FK8's, have always squealed. Its worse this time of year. Cold weather etc. I turn the music up. Or go faster. Problem fixed.

Mines the opposite, 27 months in and probably only squeaked 5-8 times and usually only happens during Autumn and winter

Only time mine have squealed is after a recent euro trip. That was solely down to the pads (rs29) I’ve now put on some mu800 for the time being and zero squeal. As I understand it the brake set up at the front is the exact same as the fk2. Maybe try a different pad ?

anyone else found their rear (excuse for) parcel/shelf (Hammock?) doesn't retract particularly gracefully?
is anyone using the "aha" on the Infotainment screen, on mine when I press it says "update needed, please contact your dealer".
has anyone downloaded any apps and found any particularly useful to have loaded on-board they'd like to share?

lane assist I'm finding a bit annoying when say joining a vacant dual carriageway from a slip road, that the car tried to steer me away from the road I'm joining, ok maybe it's telling me I need to get into the habit to use my indicators even when the road is clear, but didn't think the LKAS should really try and point me towards the grass verge.

Never pulled the parcel shelf across to honest! Wanna hear my exhaust roar....oh wait. :p

Never used aha, but did download the parking app which finds you a space, and the petrol price app..but to be honest never use them. Downloaded the Honda assist app for my phone in case I break down and updated the wall paper on the infotainment screen to my own design

Yeah I turned off the lane assist as it was doing exactly what you said and freaked me out. Technology on it is is good and many features are helpful but this one not so much...

Android auto or Apple car play are the most useful app, especially andriod auto or Google maps, as the poor excuse of a nav as standard is tragic

I am slowly getting used to it after we had a major fallout on a trip to Cornwall a week into ownership, when it took me down single track roads instead of larger ones without tractors coming around blind bends. No matter what I did to the settings it took me a different worse way, compared to my mate on google maps who got there quicker without the stress

...lane assist I'm finding a bit annoying when say joining a vacant dual carriageway from a slip road, that the car tried to steer me away from the road I'm joining, ok maybe it's telling me I need to get into the habit to use my indicators even when the road is clear, but didn't think the LKAS should really try and point me towards the grass verge.

...Yeah I turned off the lane assist as it was doing exactly what you said and freaked me out. Technology on it is is good and many features are helpful but this one not so much...

This actually is one of the limitations listed for LKAS
The roadway has merging, split, or crossing lines (e.g., such as at an intersection or crosswalk).
I presume the lines merging confuses the system so be careful out there.
As stated using the indicators disable the system temporarily so should prevent exactly this scenario.

I am slowly getting used to it after we had a major fallout on a trip to Cornwall a week into ownership, when it took me down single track roads instead of larger ones without tractors coming around blind bends. No matter what I did to the settings it took me a different worse way, compared to my mate on google maps who got there quicker without the stress
My FK2 nav did this to me on the way to Croft. 23 miles of single lane B roads and I had to press on to make sign on. Lucky it was daft o'clock or I would have been stuck but I arrived far from relaxed...

When I was poking round one trying to make my mind up, that 'clingfilm dispenser' was the final decision maker - nope. As well as the bit you are referring to I only noticed later it's 'mate' fastened to the inner tailgate. What a mess IMO.

I love the new retracting parcel shelf design. I'm forever having to take my parcel shelf out and store it elsewhere when I put a bike in the boot. Bloody genius imo.

Back