• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Quality issues

Anyone notice the front parking sensor sometimes coming on randomly when driving?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Never.

You sure you're not talking about the collision warning sensor? It's a different sound.

If it's going off randomly get back to the dealer as something is wrong.

Only thing I get sometimes is if I am going round a roundabout and have my right indicator on it'll beep at me to warn me there's an object on my right be it a car next to me or the signs on the roundabout. A little annoying in that situation but I see how useful it can be if you indicate to change lanes and someone is in your blind spot.

Not an issue, but a heads up.

Had the worst sound coming from the front passenger wheel yesterday, think nails on a blackboard at very loud volume. Looked around, couldn't see anything and the car was driving fine, but anything below 30mph was just horrific.

After more investigation I found a fcuk off stone wedged between the brake shield, back of disc and caliper. Managed to loosen it and remove and all good again with no damage. Seems like the shield is pretty close to the disc and runs pretty much right up to the caliper, so could occur for a few people I reckon.

With the roads as bad as they are at the moment, thought I'd mention it.

I found a fcuk off stone wedged between the brake shield, back of disc and caliper. Managed to loosen it and remove and all good again with no damage. Seems like the shield is pretty close to the disc and runs pretty much right up to the caliper, so could occur for a few people I reckon.
I had the same thing with my car within the first couple of weeks of ownership.
Mine was a small stone that wedged itself between the brake shield and the disc on the drivers side wheel....and like you say sounded painfully horrendous!
I had to take the wheel off to be able to remove it.
In over 30 years of driving this was the first time something like this has ever happened to me, so if it happens once more with this car it is definitely a design flaw.

if it's doesn't dislodge easily then also a little wheel rotation in reverse gear can also do the trick ;)
Tried that but made no difference in my case unfortunately..the stone just stayed in the same place. :(
After trying to fish it out with no luck I remembered I had a small tool used in pc building/repair. It looks like a pen but has a telescopic grabber on the end activated by a plunger, and I was able to grip onto it first time and lift it out. :)
I do not want to have to repeat this again.

Not an issue, but a heads up.

Had the worst sound coming from the front passenger wheel yesterday, think nails on a blackboard at very loud volume. Looked around, couldn't see anything and the car was driving fine, but anything below 30mph was just horrific.

After more investigation I found a fcuk off stone wedged between the brake shield, back of disc and caliper. Managed to loosen it and remove and all good again with no damage. Seems like the shield is pretty close to the disc and runs pretty much right up to the caliper, so could occur for a few people I reckon.

With the roads as bad as they are at the moment, thought I'd mention it.

I had this tonight too

Managed to remove itself when I reverse ‘snaked’ the car. I heard it ping off.

Just had all the pads replaced from Honda . Long journey tomorrow so can bed them in well fingers crossed no noise or at least little noise

Just had all the pads replaced from Honda . Long journey tomorrow so can bed them in well fingers crossed no noise or at least little noise

Dying to hear how this panned out. Mine are still doing it on 700 or so miles though maybe less than they used to (could be my imagination).

Dying to hear how this panned out. Mine are still doing it on 700 or so miles though maybe less than they used to (could be my imagination).

Update.
I had the front and rear pads changed now done 300 miles on them and guess what nearly as bad as the first lot:mad:.
On another matter my friend has been trying with tdi tuning to get a good map for their plug and play box. They don’t seem to be getting any good results yet and not even tested on a rolling road so I would keep away from this product until some proven results . I think their website is showing a power graph and bhp gain . As said they have not dyno yet so how the hell can they have the graph.
Very naughty

Update.
I had the front and rear pads changed now done 300 miles on them and guess what nearly as bad as the first lot:mad:.
On another matter my friend has been trying with tdi tuning to get a good map for their plug and play box. They don’t seem to be getting any good results yet and not even tested on a rolling road so I would keep away from this product until some proven results . I think their website is showing a power graph and bhp gain . As said they have not dyno yet so how the hell can they have the graph.
Very naughty

I would just keep away from anything like those plug and play boxes full stop !!

Update.
Very naughty

Take them out and copper slip them yourself as Honda do not recommend this so if they do have any it will not be a lot and this will help for sure. The old FK2 as far as brakes were concerned it was faultless but have noticed at very low speeds with very slight brake application sometimes the FK8 does whine but if I drive it a little heavier on the brakes this clears up again. Personally when the pads are done I am fitting Feredo Premier pads around £55 for the fronts (if the are the same as FK2 and EVO) and while these might not give the bite what you would like on a track they will be great for what I want on the road while also removing this issue you have.

Just under 3k on our car now and I can't say I have noticed the brakes squealing in mixed driving recently so they seem to have settled down.

I will have my mechanic give them the once over at some point and make sure everything is moving freely and lubricated as I if it is anything like a previous Abarth 500 it will have been assembled bone dry at the factory which won't help with squealing and sticking calipers etc

It has however just trapped another stone between the heat shield and disc :cry: easy to sort but annoying having to crawl under the car in the current weather.

Update.

I put DS2500s in my fronts and there was still a bit of squeal so I did a trackday bedding in (70-20 3 times hard braking then 70-0 and keep your foot hard on the brake for 30seconds). Thankfully where I work is an mod site with private roads :)

After that I only get the odd little squeak as I pull up.. but no where near as bad as it was. It's liveable, in normal driving I don't get anything it's just a little chirp just has I come to a halt but not every time any more.

Back