• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Quality issues

If i wanted to spend my weekend under a car fixing issues i would buy something old like you did

My old breadvan was forcefully retired just shy of 140k miles, only big work that it needed doing maintenance wise was a clutch and timing chain at 100k, and two new front shocks at 130k. Hardly plagued with problems.

Had my wheel nuts replaced last week, so that joins the short list of alignment and a paint blemish being sorted by the dealer quickly.

4th gear feeling slightly notchy on occasion when shifting down from 5th, so will keep a close eye...

Oh no ..

Rest assured it will get progressively worse - I would ask the dealer to record the notchiness. The more people do the better in the long run.

Had my wheel nuts replaced now have to see if they go the same way. Looking at another fk8 while waiting for mine and they’d gone the same. Just the Honda sensing coming on when nothing’s in front which they know about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it the collision warning that keeps popping up?
They are quite sensitive, sometimes it pops up passing stationary vehicles especially if the road curves, roundabouts is another, it can detect vehicles at junctions as you're passing

yep, there's one road near me, crescent shaped with cars parked all along one side that always triggers mine. I too cursed the Honda being overly sensitive but then found myself driving a 67 plate Insignia with similar collision detection also complains going down the same road.

so it's not at least Honda unique on this particular road layout and scenario near me.

I had it happen when we were below zero and I was stuck in traffic, when I got home I noticed it was that ice had formed in front of the sensors. Never had it happen after that event

Only done 200 miles in mine and noted

Clunk from rear suspension
4th Notch
A few vibrations

The collision warning on a few times but they all do that. The Golf R we had did it constantly.

Paint quality very good however. Much better than some £70k plus cars I’ve had, a pleasant surprise as the FN2 I had was shocking.

Only done 200 miles in mine and noted

Clunk from rear suspension
4th Notch
A few vibrations

The collision warning on a few times but they all do that. The Golf R we had did it constantly.

Paint quality very good however. Much better than some £70k plus cars I’ve had, a pleasant surprise as the FN2 I had was shocking.

Well I've not done that many miles either and would say there arn't any faults yet,although I wouldn't call the gearchange slick,let's hope it improves rather than goes the other way.
Paint finish is sometimes hard to define,but of my last four cars,two BMWs,the R and the wife's present car,a Seat Ibiza,well the Seat has a paint finish totally free of orange peel effect,something I can't say abut the others...how about that!

Back