• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Quality issues

My fk2 did have brake noise but the dealer did sort that.
I got that exact email regarding my fk8 brakes from h uk.

While I'm at it, I didn't have many vids of the FK2, but this is one. The stop at around 17 seconds, listen to the brakes. It's not something solely found on the FK8.

[video=youtube_share;zkgTR-OXu3I]https://youtu.be/zkgTR-OXu3I[/video]

Over 2 years in and still enjoy the FK2 lift off noise,

Nice editing touch at the lights :lol: I didn't notice it the 1st time I watched it

Pipercross panel filter made the recirc valve louder in the vid but you got it standard aye.

Same engine, same turbo why eliminate that wonderful sound (fellow FK8 owners do tell me if it's just mine on this)

Or, wonder if it does and sound insulation is better or something...

I want that sound. I must have it. I will have it.

Same engine, same turbo why eliminate that wonderful sound (fellow FK8 owners do tell me if it's just mine on this)

You should hear the Eventuri on a FK2 mate.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

You lot get the huge list of mods and extras, so back off it's our noise we're keeping it
:lol:

I'm hoping that the new fk8 pipercross filter I have ordered comes through soon and hope to get back some if not all that lovely fi2 sound

I'm hoping that the new fk8 pipercross filter I have ordered comes through soon and hope to get back some if not all that lovely fi2 sound

Is it a piece of pi55 to fit? Saw them on sale at dream which handily is 5 mins from me.... might ask them to fit it but don't want to get laughed at

5mins from dream, you best get a bank loan, Phil could sell ice to an Eskimo
Best place for your mods, his fk8 is usually the Guinea pig and is being used as the eventuri intake prototype

5mins from dream, you best get a bank loan, Phil could sell ice to an Eskimo
Best place for your mods, his fk8 is usually the Guinea pig and is being used as the eventuri intake prototype

Yeah I have heard that from others actually...I had visions of myself coming out crying having gone for in for a filter and coming out with it race prepped....

Theirs (or his) has been wrapped up to to the front wings (not sure on that one) yellow fogs, decat pipe other bits and bobs...Keeping tabs on it!!

It looks that these reported quality issues are minor compared to those reported by the owner of a super car costing more than the double of the FK8 in the video below at 2.53m.

[video=youtube;RvtsiEYbFyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvtsiEYbFyc[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All.
I am new to the Forum and am looking to buy the new Civic Type R FK8. I have seen some videos posted on You Tube about Transmission issues - Gears Grinding and popping out of gear whilst driving. I was just wondering if anyone on here had 1 heard about those issues and 2 whether they had experienced the issues themselves.
I am wondering if that is the case whether I would be better waiting until these potential issues are resolved?
Thanks in Advance

Remy

Hey Remy & welcome

I watched a vid on this last night from FlyinGato in the US. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKXddOhL_E8

Doesn't appear to be a fix yet. But I have not heard of anyone here in the UK having the problem yet but I also don't think they did anything different in manufacturing process, so maybe a matter of time. As we have seen from electrical gremlins and the darn squeaky brakes, a bit of a lottery.

Having said that, go for it and order one!!!!

I have seen the transmission issues online. Are they all USA cars? Has anyone in the UK had a transmission issue?

Our car is now on c1700miles without issue.

(we get an occasional slight squeal from the brakes and sometimes a couple of dash rattles at certain rpm which i think is the front tweeter pods - neither real issues though)

Back