• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Quality issues

Hardly, stops unwanted noises and I've done it on every brake change I've ever done.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Doesn’t mean it’s right though. No brake or car manufacturer will advise putting copper slip anywhere near your brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t mean it’s right though. No brake or car manufacture will advise putting copper slip anywhere near your brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's rubbish, every time iv'e put OEM brembo pads in they come with copper slip.

I'd like to know what the poster with these noisy brakes has actually tried as all we hear is him saying about the squeak/noise.

T.G.

Copper slip is perfectly fine to use, has been for years and is used in every independent garage. But I doubt this is going to help anyone arguing over greasing the pads. My DC5 is on standard discs and pads at the moment and they'll squeal every once in a while, I haven't had them off to grease them as I'm putting PBS pads in soon enough. I'd say just do a few hard stops and it'll clear.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That's rubbish, every time iv'e put OEM brembo pads in they come with copper slip.

Really?! Actual copper slip in Brembo packaging? It’s not unusual for them to supply a non metallic ceramic high temperature grease to apply in particular areas.
I can see I won’t win this argument. As a tech for over 10 years with plenty of accreditation. My professional advice is not to apply copper slip anywhere near your brakes and only apply grease that’s supplied by the pad manufacturer in the specific areas described in the instructions.
Also, brake squeal is normally generated between the pad surface and the disc. Not the pad ‘rattling’ around in the pad carrier/caliper. It’s caused by the compound of both pad and disc. It’s why today you see these ‘high carbon content’ discs which one of its purpose is to reduce noise.

I'd like to know what the poster with these noisy brakes has actually tried as all we hear is him saying about the squeak/noise.

T.G.

surely its down to Honda to sort out ,not the customer. Saying that i have tried the hard braking. It might make a small difference for a few mins. At the end of the day i buy new cars so idont have to mess around with things.

Seems in certain conditions, copper and aluminium in the presence of an electrolyte do react adversely. Read up on Galvanic Corrosion

Must admit I'm getting it myself.

Didn't happen today weirdly but I only popped out to get some fuel and food.

Generally seems to happen at low speeds, just coming to a halt the horrible loud squeal starts.

A good hard brake clears it for a bit but not for long.

I'm popping to the dealer tomorrow to pick-up some bits and have mentioned it to them so will probably get it in the service area and they'll take a quick look.

so just went and picked mine up today (CW) - can't believe you didn't all warn me about the farty horn.

LOL:)

This is what my dealer said about the brake squeal:

"The noise you are hearing at low speeds on the brakes on the car is common to happen, again after wearing them in for the first 1000 miles you should hear a difference, if you do not please contact me and I will get you booked in for an appointment with the service department"

I doubt will ever go except temporarily after giving the brakes a good workout. Might take him up on his offer to look at them after 1000 miles just out of interest though.

The service guy went out with me to hear it.. didn't make a sound. Typical.

Did it the moment I left. Typical.

He said the most they can do is change the pads but as they're a high metal content sinter then it's most likely just to happen again.

Most likely it's just a bit of metal in the pad and once you wear through it, it'll go (until it finds another bit)

I get it, but it is a bit annoying if it keeps happening.

Wonder if there are any other choices for pads? Organic or ceramic perhaps rather than a semi metal compound.

It would reduce it's track ability as it would fade quicker as it heats but this is a daily driver for most so that's hardly a problem.

I think given it is something annoys you perhaps just change to a different brand of pads, what's is going to cost a couple of hundred quid, jobs a carrot. Life's too short, I had various issues with brake squeal ultimately it was down to the compound of the pad.

I wouldnt bother going to dealer, time out of your life you won't get back and ultimately they are not going to fix it. Not the end of the world is it, now the horn issue, that is simply unacceptable, now where is the CEO's email account, worse than an Elise

Last edited by a moderator:
Back