• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Enzo's Daily 2005 Facelift Civic EP3 Type R Premier Edition - Cosmic Grey

I like the Accord :)

I'm glad you approve, I'm also a fan of your new i30. Did you keep the EP3 or has it moved on?

Just read this whole thread. Great journey/work. Nice car :greatpost:

Cheers mate, I run a thread over at Pistonheads for it also atm as these forums seem to be quite quiet these days, still have alot of lurkers though I suppose and it's not really the time of year now.

Back on to the Accord, It's daily duties begin Tuesday when the insurance swaps over, so i'll get an oil change done this weekend and provide some updates this time next week all the parts I bought have been fitted now also. I took it for a cheeky run up to Aldi the other day and all in all it really made me think how much of a nice place the cabin is to be vs my EP3... (getting old clearly!)

I'm glad you approve, I'm also a fan of your new i30. Did you keep the EP3 or has it moved on?

Thanks, got my new one earlier this week, will make a thread this weekend.

The EP3 sold a few hours after advertising it to a forum member on here, Des.

Update:

I still have the car, but its been off the road since October now. This week it finally found itself stripped and on axle stands where the derust progress begins!

I'm stripping it using an angle grinder, drill with brush heads to get in the hard to get places and then treating with 2 undercoats of Blit Hamper Hydrate 80, and then sealing with Dynax Underbody and S-50.

The rear of the car took me 7 hours all in, and i've just started working my way down today, no half assed job this as if I do it once right, I won't need to do it again...

Anyway, no holes so far and its coming up well.

** pics to follow
UW9axNvh.jpg

ZuSZSpKh.jpg

B3WJWvHh.jpg

EDQmtgOh.jpg

YjAgPRhh.jpg

tSc0GKUh.jpg

Acd1bdQh.jpg

n7oo4zch.jpg

D5Zuqzah.jpg

Pcf1Wdrh.jpg

bYCuCb1h.jpg

So that's that so far... it's getting there!

Little snap of the new daily also, it's 2010 Lexus IS220d F-Sport, fully loaded, 143k miles, full lex history, but im since doing it myself now. Remapped to 221bhp with EGR & DPF delete... crap on fuel but a nice drive!
hMCX6yTh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice car. You’ve certainly put the hours in.
Quick question: Is the rear crash bar welded on or bolted on? From underneath I can see that mine has a fair amount of rust. Thinking of getting it off to treat.

Edit: 4 bolts. Got a new bar from Tegiwa for £84

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice car. You’ve certainly put the hours in.
Quick question: Is the rear crash bar welded on or bolted on? From underneath I can see that mine has a fair amount of rust. Thinking of getting it off to treat.

Edit: 4 bolts. Got a new bar from Tegiwa for £84

bolts it is mate yeah :).

If it's just surface rust but is still structually solid, i'd just clean it up and paint, save yourself the money for now and maybe replace it fully further down the line?..... like anything really, depends on the funds.

So the car is fully undersealed now, the grinding back and treating work took me around 2 weeks in May, with a mix of full days and many evenings. Worst job i've ever tackled but hey ho...

I'm also now running Nankang NS-2R's in prep for some track days coming up now, gone from 205/40/R17 rubber to 215/45/R17, and honestly? the difference is night and day, so much more steering feel and the car actually grips now, no tyre wall roll or anything when driving on the limit, it's great.

OOLKGdmh.jpg

She's back fully insured and on the road now so i'm enjoying driving it a fair bit again, washed, polished, glossed, and waxed used dodo juice purple haze, here's some pics of the old girls July 2020 'on the path photoshoot' :).

ktulMu3h.jpg

hFzwpz7h.jpg

HQiBDefh.jpg

gXDZJ3lh.jpg

7AjKJNVh.jpg

G8ZCsLwh.jpg

Also some track footage from last time out at the ring I finally uploaded
[video=youtube_share;9B8wdvWwfhA]https://youtu.be/9B8wdvWwfhA[/video]

I'm off to Grinspeed monday for some front ball joints and front ARB bushes in prep for track days at Mallory Park and Donnington next month!

that's my update for the min anyway lads... hope you enjoyed! I am thinking about moving on from this car sometime in the future, as my integra DC5 itch has never gone away :), but for the minute the way finances are, she's staying put!

Like the other guy here have read the whole thread. Like you as well would love a dc5 even a dc2 for that matter. But still love the ep3s. You intending to sell? I’d bite ur hand off would also help towards the integra. Let me know mate

Beautiful ep3:cool:
Great work you have done there.

Cheers mate

Like the other guy here have read the whole thread. Like you as well would love a dc5 even a dc2 for that matter. But still love the ep3s. You intending to sell? I’d bite ur hand off would also help towards the integra. Let me know mate

I messaged Torque GT earlier about importing a DC5. I don't think i'd consider selling till probably early next year, thanks for that though it's appreciated. Whenever it does go up for sale I will be posting it in here, but for the moment she's staying put.

I done a little video on doing an oil change recently, which i'd appreciate if you all could support!

[video=youtube_share;cVbq6s-zQqw]https://youtu.be/cVbq6s-zQqw [/video]

anyway.... back to the build :).

I've got Mallory Park & Donnington Park track days booked in August, so a little trip to grinspeed for some fresh bushes, and a full geo setup was in order!

Jobs:
Front caster bushes
SuperPro Polybushed front suspension
Front OEM ball joints.
Eibach front camber bolts
Tegiwa rear camber arms
Full geo setup

here we go..

First off i'll start with some better pics of the underside restoration I carried out in May, it hadn't been on a ramp since to get decent pics as I was working under axel stands, but i'm sure you'd agree she's looking pretty fresh now.

fkqovCsh.jpg

LxoBjQgh.jpg

GEvdz5Qh.jpg

OHi3wWfh.jpg

old nackard caster bushes
dtpfPD4h.jpg

they'd really seen better days!
Uw4ef9z.jpg

fresh caster
K6x5yOG.jpg

super pro bush kit
SbYvguVh.jpg

old ARB bushes:
H5nT0fbh.jpg

fresh bushes on
mRR60uxh.jpg

Tegiwa adjustable camber arms fitted
wa3FsGmh.jpg

fresh bottom ball joints:
vwzgsTwh.jpg

setup in progress
oYjXYrvh.jpg

cheeky snap with a wonderful DC5
m7QNin6h.jpg

car ticked over 100k miles driving home also :).

That's all for now lads

Some footage from a track day at Mallory Park this week:

[video=youtube;zkO1F1yG7KU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkO1F1yG7KU[/video]

[video=youtube_share;epiDXebnk-c]https://youtu.be/epiDXebnk-c [/video]

Few more random videos on the car recently guys, not much more to update to be honest other than some more track footage, and I also attempted to tackle a reviews haha... feedback welcome as always.

[video=youtube_share;MUgYq0VHn8I]https://youtu.be/MUgYq0VHn8I[/video]

[video=youtube_share;s_4FeAOXTK4]https://youtu.be/s_4FeAOXTK4[/video]

September 2022 Update
So lads! a long time has passed since the last post but I do still lurk always.
The fleet has expanded and we have a new member, Megan the manual gearbox M4 Competition!

M4 spec:
6 speed manual, 11k miles, purchased for £42k back in May 2021
All the spec minus HUD.
in short, its great, so so capable as an all rounder, but the Honda still makes me smile more from a driving experience point of view.

yneLlCnh.jpg

iyq0plPh.jpg

nLaAVzVh.jpg

Just some random pics of the car in the past 12 months as it doesn't get used at the minute.
FdB5e0Mh.jpg

TYOsTwHh.jpg

SiVDSnlh.jpg

Wp5ajwfh.jpg

esvcFMJh.jpg

It had an outing back in March for a track day at Oulton Park and it's not really moved since, fiances are fairly tight at the minute, running 3 cars and a house on a solo income so it kind of just lives on the path like below at the minute, not MOT'd, not Tax'd or insured, but fully ready to go minus some new tyres all round which probably have 0.5 trackdays left in the NS-2R's, but things are expensive now... so its kind of sad to leave the car as it is but on the other hand I don't want to sell it either... so kind of just hoping my personal finances improve and I can get back to giving it all the love I can, but for the minute, its temporary retirement these past 24 months for it given I find myself driving the other cars more (Lexus daily, M4 weekend dick swing)

x5jJHm0h.jpg

No real updates on the car at the moment, it's still not moved off the path since the last update.

In the coming months i'll get it taxed MOT'd and insured. It needs an oil change n that's it really. Being picky I need to replace a bulb behind the speedo, and an aircon regas. That's pretty much it.... It'd be nice to get it back on daily duties this summer just for nostalgia purposes and enjoy the car a bit more again in the good weather. I think my plans are to further restore this car even more this year and to keep going with getting it as fresh as possible. I'll also get the usual couple track days done in the car in the summer.

I'm still really keen for a black DC5 as a track build, but I guess it'll all come down to money as i'd like a fresher daily within the next 12 months too potentially.

Back