• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Enzo's Daily 2005 Facelift Civic EP3 Type R Premier Edition - Cosmic Grey

Footage from the Track Day.

[video=youtube_share;JhAVQiA3WTs]https://youtu.be/JhAVQiA3WTs[/video]

Enjoy, had my girlfriend in the car with me so there's some funny commentary going on.

Head unit update / install

So in all honesty the factory head unit with the sat nav is god awful, it has a boot up screen like star wars with writing flying through space, no bluetooth, no aux, a stereo that produces AM frequency levels of quality and a bad GUI, so yeah... it was time for it to go and get something more usable for a daily driver. Apart from that in it's defense though the sat nav itself has held up pretty well, it's still a very functional system.

Anyway... off to eBay it was to find myself an Android head unit with some decent software on. I've seen many head units in EP3's but I'm not overly keen on anything I've seen and I wanted something that reflected on the OEM look of the original unit with the screen and buttons around it as I feel the general EP3 dashboards are very plain without this... I also don't like those Pioneer units everyone has, they seem vastly overpriced, limited functionality and a crap user interface compared to other units on the market :confused::confused: .. just my 2 cents as i've had a few in various cars these past few years :), the below cost me £190 FYI.

Before:
j1jvB1sh.jpg

During surgery:
rTZq19yh.jpg

The wiring harness which you need to convert the connect to a standardized ISO one:
VJB4vufh.jpg

Old vs New Head Units.
DRStY8eh.jpg

Sitting pretty:
Du3dTffh.jpg

All done!:
wZ2Bx3Mh.jpg

d7c8Vaoh.jpg

[video=youtube_share;Z78l5l_UVFY]https://youtu.be/Z78l5l_UVFY[/video]

So I've now got modern sat nav, bluetooth, regular aux, GPS, usb ports in my glove box, DAB radio, freeview tele, Wi-Fi, a built in 50gb hard drive to store music, pictures and whatever else takes your fancy... I've also got the Torque android app on the unit for car diagnosics via a bluetooth connector from the OBD2 port, and i've wired a mic from the back of the unit to above the driver side door arch. I'll get more pics of this in the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soon mounts up, I'd hate to think what I've spent on mine so far in the last three years!

Soon mounts up, I'd hate to think what I've spent on mine so far in the last three years!

Yep it adds up quickly, I plan to finish this build in the spring in prep for the European tour with a few of my friends. Nurburgring, Italy etc is all on the cars so the car needs to be spot on.

How do you feel about this unit bud? Is it decent quality? Do all of the features work ok? How is it in bright light? I little review of the quality would be great if you could...

I love it to be honest, it's the best aftermarket unit I've had in any of my cars thus far. Firmware / OS is excellent, the brightness / colour of the screen and buttons can be adjusted as it's RGB, it's also like a matt plastic, not a gloss one so it's good in the sunlight too.

All the good apps are there, solid sat nav, Torque via bluetooth connector, build in HDD to store music, user interface is also simple and easy to use and has an aesthetic look, bluetooth connectivity. For the money it's a steal imo.

New interior mats

I purchased some new genuine Honda interior mats off eBay as the old one's were looking VERYY tired, it's surprising how much they lift the interior.

67ihJybh.jpg

qckyKZQh.jpg

hnAngAih.jpg

vms7obYh.jpg

9VcVazYh.jpg

Trh90v5h.jpg

All done:
9B5M8G5h.jpg

The mats look good. Certainly does freshen things up. This is on my list of things to sort out.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Yep it adds up quickly, I plan to finish this build in the spring in prep for the European tour with a few of my friends. Nurburgring, Italy etc is all on the cars so the car needs to be spot on.

I love it to be honest, it's the best aftermarket unit I've had in any of my cars thus far. Firmware / OS is excellent, the brightness / colour of the screen and buttons can be adjusted as it's RGB, it's also like a matt plastic, not a gloss one so it's good in the sunlight too.

All the good apps are there, solid sat nav, Torque via bluetooth connector, build in HDD to store music, user interface is also simple and easy to use and has an aesthetic look, bluetooth connectivity. For the money it's a steal imo.

Nice one, thanks for taking the time to write about it. There is 1 left online..... Should i just get it i wonder? lol

So I bought some new wheels recently, found them on eBay for £150 for the full set, and if you're in the market for finding a set of OEM EP3 wheels you know it's a nightmare finding a pair in OK condition for reasonable money. Unsure on the colour, and i'm yet to put them on? Thoughts with this colour on a cosmic?

I've been quoted £60 for all my tires to be switched to them, and for them to be balanced, so £15 a corner, does this sound reasonable?

and a quick pic of how it's sitting currently:

Last edited by a moderator:
So when I bought the car I'd done some work refurbishing the back brakes and the calipers, but I'd only fitted new discs and pads to the front, and not cleaned up the calipers so thought I'd get them cleaned up with the angle grinder and get some fresh paint on them to lift the look.

GQPfC9th.jpg

Fronts before:
O73Cl4Mh.jpg

After
mr99DXBh.jpg

Rear before:
KrWeUllh.jpg

After:
eKu7elfh.jpg

9q40vkKh.jpg

sYIxgJBh.jpg

And finally a quick comparison from when I got the car when it was a complete shed how the front arches looked, to now:

I6PhkZ8h.jpg

Bronze should work well with the grey, I'd initially set out to do the same and then when with a more orange colour with a metal flake, bit loud but I loved it for a while. They now live with the track car and looks much better on NHB.

Yeah I can see the appeal with the bronze/gold and the NHB, it looks great imo. I've decided to get these new wheels I've picked up though sprayed in anthracite grey and keep my current shoddy wheels for track or something on a weekend. Will be £200 for that though and will then be around another £60 to get the tyres swapped over and balanced. So i've put this on hold for abit until I can justify the costs as it's become a pit of money so far! The car is a lot better for it though...

I started polishing the car in stages as it takes so long manually doing it properly an the paintwork is horrendously contaminated.... I need to buy a claybar really but the polish is helping things and giving it back that glass feel. Still lots of work to do though.
mXhvMdWh.jpg

imADFWhh.jpg

YJJbJzDh.jpg

old light:
Pqk3oG7h.jpg

JNbtyWOh.jpg

lJMCEErh.jpg

old vs new:
r8jsMX1h.jpg

T5gAc7Eh.jpg

New light on looking fresher:
XdKlirRh.jpg