• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear brake light not working (EP3)

My rear nearside brake light is not working.
I changed the bulb for a new one and it still doesn't work. Tried the one from the offside that worked fine and no dice.

The tail lights on both sides work fine its just the brake light on the one side that won't come on.

Any ideas what it could be?

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
My rear nearside brake light is not working.
I changed the bulb for a new one and it still doesn't work. Tried the one from the offside that worked fine and no dice.

The tail lights on both sides work fine its just the brake light on the one side that won't come on.

Any ideas what it could be?

Sometimes the connector you screw the bulb into can be corroded or grubby. Get a flat head screwdriver and scrape it off until you see bare metal. Bit of contact cleaner too. Otherwise it's probably an electrical fault. Did you say you tested the original bulb and it was working?

I tried the bulb that was working from the other side of the car as well as a brand new bulb. The tail light works on both bulbs just not the brake on one side.

I will have another look at it after my shift as it was dark when I changed them this morning.

Back