• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Wife off for a haircut later, she asks if I can take her in the Honda as she doesn't want to drive the Cooper in the snow.

chance to give those winter contacts a test. (look away now)

B6FC6BEA-5966-49D0-9A6D-B19E451F656D.jpeg
Reminds me of mine a few years ago.

84d7982643bfa1a2f681d9cf51608e56.jpg

Finally got round to fitting this, extra usb double socket I purchased a few months ago.
More power than the standard factory sockets so great for quick charging my phone :)

pmkYG8n.jpg

nnGRmM6.jpg

Finally got round to fitting this, extra usb double socket I purchased a few months ago.
More power than the standard factory sockets so great for quick charging my phone :)

pmkYG8n.jpg

nnGRmM6.jpg
Amazing! Any chance of a video showing how you did it? Is it just for charging?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Amazing! Any chance of a video showing how you did it? Is it just for charging?

its a plug and play kit, super easy to install as it plugs dirtectly into the harness / fuse area behind the dash. (there is a version with a fuse tap too) the blanking plate just pushes out from behind and you slot this into the hole.

cant find the exact one i purchased (with direct plug) but this one linked below is similar:-

clicky

its a plug and play kit, super easy to install as it plugs dirtectly into the harness / fuse area behind the dash. (there is a version with a fuse tap too) the blanking plate just pushes out from behind and you slot this into the hole.

cant find the exact one i purchased (with direct plug) but this one linked below is similar:-

clicky
Thanks, what tools did you need to do the job

Thanks, what tools did you need to do the job

Erm.. nothing really just my fingers lol
honestly it's super easy to do. Just push the blanking plate out from behind with your fingers, slot this in it's place and plug the cable into your fuse box :D

I guess maybe in worst case scenario, a flat blade screw driver or trim removal tool if you can't push it out

how do you remove the boot collar lock nut?
You pull the gaiter down to reveal it and then use an open end spanner to turn it as you hold the gear knob with your other hand. You can always re-use the original lock nut but it wouldn't sit flush with the gaiter. Also you can buy other lock nuts from the likes of acuity etc.. but I'm happy with my solution :D

l6jnZWj.jpg

So I did this the other day, when it was sunny but freezing!
This thing is LOUD!! If turbo wooshes and chirps on gear change are your thing you'll love this :D

fitted new rear shocks to the FN2, used Sachs part 317471 from ebay seller and new bottom bolts from Honda, £130 all in.

Fitted Skunk2 weighted gear knob, shifts better just getting used to the shape after using the round one for so long.

Back