• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

just some carbon vinyl i had spare (sticky back)

I ordered some carbon vinyl to do this very same job after seeing it on civicx but have had it for a couple of weeks as cant decide. Yours looks great though - how did you cut out the shape?

Pretty easy to do in my opinion, and your not getting ripped off for $25 like some companies charge...?
I used tape and thin card to make a template then cut it from carbon vinyl sheet. Think the trickiest part was cutting out the shape as my hands are not the steadiest

nice!! So again, how is best to do this? did you guys do a rough template stuck it on and then trimmed a bit..?!

nice!! So again, how is best to do this? did you guys do a rough template stuck it on and then trimmed a bit..?!

Hi Chap,

Well I just laid a large strip over the area and flattened it out using a felt pad , this time of year its warm enough to make the wrap very soft and pliable, then with a very sharp scalpel followed the line to cut, you just "lay" the blade, never force or push as it will score through, very steady and smooth action is the key. not for everyone to do this way but works for me.

Hope that helps

Baz

thanks both...

Lucky i bought a lot, this is gonna be sketchy...! Some reports of it pulling of the paint as well, so will be watching out for that..

thanks both...

Lucky i bought a lot, this is gonna be sketchy...! Some reports of it pulling of the paint as well, so will be watching out for that..

I always use the Genuine 3M 1080 wrap and its never pulled any paint, If you want to remove its always a good idea to use heat and remove it by peeling back at 180 degrees to the painted surface.

Baz

installed these bad boys today :D
purchased from cox motor parts, just a shame its started raining though so not had time to bed them in much

IMG_20200601_120027.jpg2.jpgIMG_20200602_134534.jpg

i ended up keeping the brembo pads as they still had plenty of meat left on them :D

old pads top / new pads bottom
pads f.jpg

e145554187cc63205fd6aa713b3483a6.jpg

a0df55775ec02dcfe835e189a0caeb36.jpg

I'm amazed by the lack of understanding in the dealer network (all brands). My car was obviously set-up with the CBS switched off (it is an option according to the service log book) so I only get an oil 'meter' which I have to seek out in the menus and the car never lets me know anything else re: preventative maintenance. The dealer denies this but after 2 years its pretty obvious that system is not enabled. The car has had 2 services now I'm glad to say that its no more than 8k between oil and filter swaps. I think its an 'A' service each time. I paid for extended warranty and the service schedule (I think for 5 years) but I'm not sure if my old skool service plan will result in value for money or indeed a bonus since my annual milage is less than I anticipated...

Now I've written that I've bored myself ! LOL..

I guess I'm curious if anyone else ended up on the '12000 mile or annual' service schedule too?
Interesting. Mines a Jan 2019 car and only the 1 service after the light came on at the 1 year mark. Only 9500 on the clock. I've got the service pack too.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Similar to the above; I had a year one service at ~900 Miles (Was a low mileage demonstrator) - I've now knocked out another ~6K Miles and I'm looking at a service in 30 days based on the service system.

Seems about right too, as I dipped the oil the other day and it's starting to look rather ashy.

Back