• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

yeah - I went for front bumper, bonnet, wing mirrors and rear quarter / sills, and DYEC did a custom job (as no 3M pre-cut part exists) for the rear tailgate so when I'm lifting things in/out of the car the rear bumper has a bit of extra protection.

you can only go so far as it's not cheap, and annoyingly the only stone chip I've had in 2 years is on the passenger side A pillar. touch up pen is still on standby even with PPF.

Got a good bath today, rubbers done, couple of stone chips tended to and topped up with some fusso speed and barrier. Didn't scrub up too bad! [/IMG]
2accfeb63812cb3040d79e8dada3af27.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
6a34f519176aadca1cf377fc2440644f.jpg
ae5b69231b20e1e2b72314958e9f5ab3.jpg
378099339e1d1fa0fecb8ca7c8d64a74.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea. Probably not unless is got something different in the paint in the platinum kit

Fixed the most annoying, persistent, secret dash rattle that sounded like it was coming from inside the speedo and was rather intermittent. - Has been on and off since I got the car, before and after I removed and reinstalled the whole centre console etc...

vgzPeY2.png

The lower plastic of the centre console was rattling left to right; If anyone's struggling to find a rattle, I'd suggest giving it a tap as there was very clearly "rattly play"

Stuffed some foam into the top gap using a trim tool; feel like I've got a Rolls now.

That being said, I do still need to address the slight click when pushing / pulling on the driver door handle coming from play in the doorcard....

fair play. I gave up on rattles a little while back!

I did some research last night on Intakes. I went to bed wishing Dream did a bit more than the Eventuri. I woke up this morning, on their insta feed they are now a PRL dealer. Tonight I am going to research about Scarlet Johansson. I hope tomorrow, she knocks at my door.

Anyone with a Downpipe? A remus one is a relatively cheap install. I am just wondering whether to add it to the list before my k-tuner sesssion later in Sept.

The main thing rattle wise has been a sort of buzzing or static from the headliner. Anyone else had this? My exhaust kind of distracts me from this now

Hmm, have you checked the A pillar where it meets the dash?

Can sound like a buzzing - just push gently on the very front of the A pillar where it meets the screen and it should stop. Remove and add tesa tape to solve.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Hmm, have you checked the A pillar where it meets the dash?

Can sound like a buzzing - just push gently on the very front of the A pillar where it meets the screen and it should stop. Remove and add tesa tape to solve.

I haven't, had it into the dealer twice and they tried all sorts. Will give that a go

I must say, I didn't bother disabling when I did it but yes, pulling the battery would probably be prudent :D

There is a screw under the SRS label on the A pillar, the rest is trim clips - there should be removal guides about :)

In other news, Had another B service today; ~12,000 Miles.

Had them change the MTF whilst at it; Noticeably easier 1 - 2 change and much smoother through all gears as a result.

Really, has this always been the case? The first bit lol.

I didn't think so but I got a voicemail from Crown Honda and they said an MOT comes free with your service. He did ask had my service light not come on yet, explained I have had two since march already, but he seemed to think it should come on for the end of the 3 years. I must say I have never got my head around the whole service interval thing, whether i am on calendar or what as it came on for the oil life as well. Anyway, service and MOT in a couple of weeks.

Very interesting... I've got the service pack but can't say I'd look forward to main dealer prices, is a retest covered too? Having said that I'm about 1 and a half years away from my first mot!

Well yeah I am 6 months from MOT I said I would keep dealer stamps till MOT, then when the tuning gets serious I would get a tuning garage stamp for the remainder ... as long as what needs to be done and the garage has a good rep ... I think selling a tuned car the tuning garage stamp is worth more than dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back