• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

I have a nearly new one of those sat in my garage (assume you mean Fk8) I’m quite enjoying the stock exhaust as it happens.

I noticed you mentioned it in a previous post are you planning to fit it or would you like to sell? I have had my FK8 for 19 months and when I am on it I like the stock exhaust I guess thats why I'm hesitant on an aftermarket, so many tales of woe.
It would kill me to spend a grand and think jeez I wish I had kept the OEM then I would be kicking myself for not paying it of the finance.

Most tuners will have oem exhausts around the place. I know Tgm has about 6 spare ones there, dream have a few too.

I’ll have a think over the next couple of weeks.

I noticed you mentioned it in a previous post are you planning to fit it or would you like to sell? I have had my FK8 for 19 months and when I am on it I like the stock exhaust I guess thats why I'm hesitant on an aftermarket, so many tales of woe.
It would kill me to spend a grand and think jeez I wish I had kept the OEM then I would be kicking myself for not paying it of the finance.

Get an exhaust, you seriously won't regret it. I just wished I had done it sooner. Adds so much character. BUT when I spoke to miltek when I was deciding between that and a Remus at a trade show, they reccomended the resonated as the non res was too loud for a daily in their view. I am not so sure, as if it's as loud as the Remus fully open it would be fine. I have a feeling it's louder than the Remus though as pops and crackles are widely reported from the non res (check the link below)....which makes me want one...!!! So in short, I think you'd really need to hear one, but easier said than done...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hAEg9jtU3U4

Hi all,
I have been saving for an exhaust around £1000-£1200 mark and when chosen I would like to get it fitted in January, I cannot afford a Remus and sound controller although I love the sound of it fully open and It would be the best option for me I cannot justify spending so much (£2000 fitted) I would rather spend the extra on an Eventuri intake.
having listened to loads of youtube clips I'm leaning towards a Milltek non res, my thinking is... its going to be the best bang for buck, far from a subtle increase, its aggressive, loud and if it gets too much I could buy the Milltek resonated pipe and swap that section out.

Is there anybody in the Northwest of England currently running a Milltek non res I could meet up with to check out how it sounds ?

Is there anybody on here who would advise against this choice of exhaust?

Hey Ray,

The Milltek is a good choice, I live within 10 mins of Milltek and also scorpion exhausts.

I looked at both options in great detail.

In the end I went for the scorpion red power exhaust.

The Milltek is nice,but I wasn’t liking the exhaust note, with it being only one back box, I found it Had a very tractor like sound.

The scorpion has separate silencers, with a note I much preferred.

My system is a scorpion red power sports cat, with there full 3” system part resonated with Indy trims, which they fitted for me, and it’s loud.

This is just my choice.

If you ever want to meet up I’d be more than happy.

I’m sure you’ll decide and be very happy with your purchase.

All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I finally managed to update my sat nav myself after several failed attempts to get the car to recognise a memory stick. I didn’t realise that Honda provide 5 years of free updates with the option of updating yourself or they will do it for you for a small charge( about £40 I think).
You can pick up a how too leaflet from any Honda dealership. The only thing it doesn’t tell you is the usb needs to be formatted to FAT32 which windows 10 no longer supports. I did find a free online program that will format the usb to FAT32. Once this was done the car would recognise the memory stick and it was plain sailing from there.

I have sold mine today :(

If anyone is after a set of OEM disks in good condition drop me a PM.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Did you trade it in for the BMW and if so get a decent price?
No, got a better price from wbac, 2 dealers refused to give a bid and 2 traders bid too low, wbac gave the best price.

Still the best price I got was not brill, 25k minus fees on 12 month old, 12k miles with 5 year service plan.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Funnily enough I'm thinking of selling mine. I'm really just not using it enough. I'll have had it 2 years in March and only done 4k miles. 2k of them were over a long weekend and mostly motorway. I'll maybe pop into the local Dealer I bought it from next week and have a chat.

Get an exhaust, you seriously won't regret it. I just wished I had done it sooner. Adds so much character. BUT when I spoke to miltek when I was deciding between that and a Remus at a trade show, they reccomended the resonated as the non res was too loud for a daily in their view. I am not so sure, as if it's as loud as the Remus fully open it would be fine. I have a feeling it's louder than the Remus though as pops and crackles are widely reported from the non res (check the link below)....which makes me want one...!!! So in short, I think you'd really need to hear one, but easier said than done...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hAEg9jtU3U4

How does modifying exhaust work with PCP? Do you have to revert it back to standard at end of deal?

Cheers

I have been advised by a few people now that the Milltek non res is awful on the motorway and that the Road+ part res is the way to go, Whats your Remus like fully open on the motorway FaNtheMan?
You were spot on about the Remus valve not staying open without the controller, you would have to spot weld it which would ruin it.
I found this HKS which is starting to grow on me and its really light compared to OEM
https://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/product_db/muffler/db/20230
with regards to PCP, I have to decide if this car is a Keeper because if I get a loan from my bank and pay HONDA off now it would save me £1800 interest and have it payed off 6 months earlier.
Whats the general consensus on long term ownership daily use?
And just for fun I did a WBAC quote and they offered £24644, I owe £20,000 so good to know I could walk away if I needed to

The Remus is fine on the motorway fully open, zero drone, and in fact, as I showed to a passenger little while back, is no louder than the other 3 settings on a motorway cruise.

I can only speak for the Remus but I'd say save up if you can for that or a valved one, as being able to go to stealth mode does help in certain situations.

Car is an easy long term daily, just need to keep an eye on the equity of course which your doing anyway. My PCP deal finishes in Sept, but there is nothing out there I'd honestly want to replace it with. Was looking at the AMG35, but nah, then used rs3s and AMG45s but massive money still...

I have to agree about there not being anything else at the right price to compete so....What are you thinking about doing in September, keeping the car or starting a new PCP for warranty free worries?

Has anyone upgraded the air inlet pipe? I read that eventuri have one in the works? I can see other companies coming out with titanium versions etc
9a28e2a5-d6b5-46e4-908d-8093a3f01ce5-jpeg.181741

Hey Gallo,

I’m waiting for the eventuri carbon inlet, Dream Automotive are testing it on there car, it looks a nice piece of kit

I have to agree about there not being anything else at the right price to compete so....What are you thinking about doing in September, keeping the car or starting a new PCP for warranty free worries?

As things stand I am gonna pay the balloon payment, then get a remap...and it's a slippery slope from there no doubt!

Or if Honda do bring out a new one in time for sept will of course give that a butchers

As things stand I am gonna pay the balloon payment, then get a remap...and it's a slippery slope from there no doubt!

Or if Honda do bring out a new one in time for sept will of course give that a butchers

Hey Fan,

From what I’ve been told at my local Honda Dealership, is that there’s only a few little changes to the 2020 Type R, the fake grills are going on the bumpers. And a volume knob on the touch screen.

Have you heard of anything?

Get that remap done, and come join the darkside... mods,mods,mods... you know you want too

Back