• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Also copper grease the pistons to prevent squeal and helps in future changes iirc
I don't use it as it leaves a hell of a mess, I fit 3 or 4 sets a year so they don't get chance to seize

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Replaced the rear brake pads ready for next week on the Nurburgring.

Come say hello if you see me, blue FD2 with Dotty in a black M2. We're there Tuesday to Friday I think.

Come say hello if you see me, blue FD2 with Dotty in a black M2. We're there Tuesday to Friday I think.
Nice one, I am doing the Ringmeister Prime event on Monday and Tuesday. I will look out for you for sure.

I am in a grey FK8.

To be honest I doubt I will do much track time, perhaps the GP circuit. We're going for the atmosphere and booze. Also the all important Currywurst Pommes mit Mayo. :lol:

Where are you staying?

To be honest I doubt I will do much track time, perhaps the GP circuit. We're going for the atmosphere and booze. Also the all important Currywurst Pommes mit Mayo.

Where are you staying?
I am staying in Im Reimerath this time, I normally stay at the Dorint but fancied a change this time as I am on my own.

We used to stay in Welcherath but the place has new management and it's apparently crap now so we stay in the Lindner houses.

We used to stay in Welcherath but the place has new management and it's apparently crap now so we stay in the Lindner houses.
I use the Linder houses from time to time and they are excellent, hacks me off little that they don't have an entry system with RHD vehicles in mind as well as Euro cars.

I use the Linder houses from time to time and they are excellent, hacks me off little that they don't have an entry system with RHD vehicles in mind as well as Euro cars.

That’s what the passenger is for (or long stick )

we just use the service road down the left-hand-side from the overflow carpark before you get to the roundabout at reception....the gate(s) are usually open from 7am until the security blokes start wandering around later at night.

we just use the service road down the left-hand-side from the overflow carpark before you get to the roundabout at reception....the gate(s) are usually open from 7am until the security blokes start wandering around later at night.
Cheers, good to know

Plus it's far easier than navigating the speed bumps inside the compound. We generally get a house close to the gate at the bottom so it works well. Some nice roads down there as well, I had the pleasure of ragging Dotty's M2 around there. And shortly after bought an M140i. :lol:

Plus it's far easier than navigating the speed bumps inside the compound. We generally get a house close to the gate at the bottom so it works well. Some nice roads down there as well, I had the pleasure of ragging Dotty's M2 around there. And shortly after bought an M140i.

Any pictures?
Of course sir!

I have some to show how far out they sit from the car but I'm too excited to take really nice ones right now. As soon as I do I'll post more.
0a06339ea7c618007724c90d330bffa0.jpg
98169754a240ce7ea803ba762d9d5d92.jpg
554574276d4f266655db94d135d98c58.jpg
5e18188778d534c5148ce9dd2546191d.jpg
287afa4cc2204078490ef842979ce153.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

They look good. What's the ride like compared to the 20s?
Also, what width and offset?

They are 18x9.5 +38 on Eibach Pros, I was originally going to go for 255s but decided against it.

The drive is heavily opinionated. I wouldn't say I'm a wizard in wheels, suspension, etc. so I'll just describe what I can and hopefully reasons for it will jump out and someone can chirp in or something.

Originally, I used to drive on Sport, I wouldn't touch Comfort unless I wanted to cruise one handed down the motorway. Over time I just got used to the heaviness of the steering wheel on Sport and R.

With the Eibachs it was a lot more planted and steering felt even better.

Now with the wheel and tyre change I would say I would always set it to R, just to get the best feeling out of it. It does feel a little bouncy but I think that's down to the fact there's more tyre on the bumps. And the fact that it's a lot wider I'm just a lot more careful right now. When reversing you can see the rear tyre staring you down.

So in a nutshell R mode now feels like the original Sport mode but with the benefits of R mode because of the tyres (presumably). Make sense?

So my B pillars are looking terrible due to pre-wash getting under the clear coat and permanently staining it. I tried all the best water spot removers, polishes, but alas it was too late.. this looks like dirt but trust me its not

B8JFPIc.jpg

so out of sight out of mind, I got these carbon style vinyls

9Nea2DS.jpg

quite happy with them for now, match the lower skirt carbon. Have some for the rear door quarters, but already have a decal there

NH8BWUF.jpg

Back