• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

On the exhaust have you noticed a change then? not sure if its in my head but since fitting the remus it seems slower some how...

Not in terms of power, my engine has loosened up nicely feels good for the power and perkeier than before fitting, occasional when dawdling (not very often) if it feels like it stutters.

With the Remus if you don't run with the valves fully open I think it restricts power a little, sure I read that somewhere. I have been really pleased with Dottys old HKS, now its sooted up sounds sweet not too loud with a couple of pops when I'm really on it.

Early start today,

Removed Mishimoto intercooler and hard pipe system, replaced with Dream Automotive intercooler.

Also had fitted Scorpion sports cat and full system.

There’s a few fitment issues with the mishimoto on UK cars, the sensors on the pop up hood system are to close to it, so that’s kicks up a system warning light, there’s also a vacuum outlet on the hard piping, which UK cars don’t have, and I got turbo lag, switching to the Dreams intercooler has rectified all of these problems, and mishimoto are collecting there item with a refund and pleased with my findings.

Someone drove into me :(

They admitted fault. Getting new front/rear doors, side skirt and rear 1/4. FYI a new front FK8 door from Honda is £265!

48980841011_c51f6507ee_c.jpg

Ouch, feel for you. Love the smileys though

Even though their fault, your insurance does get affected...well did for me anyway!

Ouch, feel for you. Love the smileys though

Even though their fault, your insurance does get affected...well did for me anyway!
And me on a no fault, got a letter from my insurance to say no fault etc but still had to declare for 5 years.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Yeah, wasn't too happy about it but it was a new driver who hit me (17) so having to claim off their insurance is bad enough for them

I'm also taking it to a bodyshop of my choosing, so i know that the car will be in good hands - he knows how fussy I am with paintwork as he's maintained my previous cars in the past :)

Parts were surprisingly cheap from Honda, the quotes I were getting (so without any trade discount):

Front O/S Door: £265.02 inc VAT (Skin: £151.69 if anyone is interested)
Rear O/S Door: £361.87 inc VAT (Skin: £153.55)
Side Skirt (apparently including the CF bit at the bottom): £185.03 inc VAT
Rear 1/4 arch moulding: ~£200, no exact price

I ran a 2017 C class Mercedes before this, I dread to think what the price would have been on one of those in comparison

How's the back door more expensive? Surely more metal on the front one? :lol:

Cox Motorparts are good for the trim bits

Yeah, wasn't too happy about it but it was a new driver who hit me (17) so having to claim off their insurance is bad enough for them

I'm also taking it to a bodyshop of my choosing, so i know that the car will be in good hands - he knows how fussy I am with paintwork as he's maintained my previous cars in the past :)

Parts were surprisingly cheap from Honda, the quotes I were getting (so without any trade discount):

Front O/S Door: £265.02 inc VAT (Skin: £151.69 if anyone is interested)
Rear O/S Door: £361.87 inc VAT (Skin: £153.55)
Side Skirt (apparently including the CF bit at the bottom): £185.03 inc VAT
Rear 1/4 arch moulding: ~£200, no exact price

I ran a 2017 C class Mercedes before this, I dread to think what the price would have been on one of those in comparison

That is not bad. I recall an NSX wing is circa £3k :eek:

Installed a HKS Super SQV IV Blow Off Valve

Nice install, thanks to the modification to fit around Eventuri Intake System done by Dream Automotive.

1911022248590122.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Replaced 2 front tyres due to some track day action wear
60f409eed10d13beffecac4d5de5bcae.jpg

Installed a HKS Super SQV IV Blow Off Valve

Nice install, thanks to the modification to fit around Eventuri Intake System done by Dream Automotive.

Looks great, please give us some sound clips!!!

Still not sure how it gets around the air normally needing to go back into the air inlet to e sure the MAF sensor is kept sweet but there you go!!!

What's the track and road mileage on them?
Oulton Park (I quit at lunchtime because of the front tyres, I hoped to get a final day out of them) but they had done 10k miles and 10 days on track, the P4S tyre is simply the best.

The FK8 really needs more negative camber, I have already maxed out the oem options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great, please give us some sound clips!!!

Still not sure how it gets around the air normally needing to go back into the air inlet to e sure the MAF sensor is kept sweet but there you go!!!
It all seems to run ok, quite a few pipes to change etc... but ticks over the same, gives a nice little chirp, but I might take the collar out so I just get a whoosh...

I’ll do a few clips tomorrow if the weathers decent...

Oulton Park (I quit at lunchtime because of the front tyres, I hoped to get a final day out of them) but they had done 10k miles and 10 days on track, the P4S tyre is simply the best.

The FK8 really needs more negative camber, I have already maxed out the oem options.

On my FK2 i have suffered bad graining on the last two trackdays i have done on the PS4S which pretty much ends the day. It then takes about 500 road miles for the tyre surface to flatten out. I think a combination of high temps and over driving are to blame.

On my FK2 i have suffered bad graining on the last two trackdays i have done on the PS4S which pretty much ends the day. It then takes about 500 road miles for the tyre surface to flatten out. I think a combination of high temps and over driving are to blame.
I have always finished a TD on the P4S bar the last one when I went to cord. The graining effect happens to all tyres so is not special to P4S, the lack of camber over the 10 TDs I did on them caused my issue, there was still 3mm of tread left on the rest of the tyre.

Back