• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

10 TD’s and 10k miles seems quite incredible! Are you running the oem 245/30 size? You don’t find the sidewalls too soft compared to the conti’s?

10 TD’s and 10k miles seems quite incredible! Are you running the oem 245/30 size? You don’t find the sidewalls too soft compared to the conti’s?
Yes, oem sizes, 8 days at the ring, 2 of which were very wet, 1 Cadwell, 1 Rockingham, 1/2 day Oulton.

The side walls are fine and the grip levels particularly in the wet are dark better with the P4S.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Oulton Park (I quit at lunchtime because of the front tyres, I hoped to get a final day out of them) but they had done 10k miles and 10 days on track, the P4S tyre is simply the best.

The FK8 really needs more negative camber, I have already maxed out the oem options.

That is really good, now I have worn down the Contis a bit I have swapped my MPS4S to go on the front, I like the combination.

Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions!

One last one, what kinda pressures are you running on track?
I run stock cold pressures, I don't drop them when they get hot (I used to on others cars) as I use the tyres starting to slide as time to take a break, assuming the car has not over heated first which it can do

I run stock cold pressures, I don't drop them when they get hot (I used to on others cars) as I use the tyres starting to slide as time to take a break, assuming the car has not over heated first which it can do

35/33?

Looking at the way they've broken up and the heat marks going over the shoulders, you're either turning your wheel too much or you're running them too low pressure wise.

Looking at the way they've broken up and the heat marks going over the shoulders, you're either turning your wheel too much or you're running them too low pressure wise.
None of the above Chris, just track use with not enough camber.

None of the above Chris, just track use with not enough camber.

Not enough camber won't make such a huge difference on the outside of the tyre, it's the toe that's important and from my own experience, spending lots of time with instructors and all sorts of different tyres/cars, I'd wager you're oversteering the car.

Not enough camber won't make such a huge difference on the outside of the tyre, it's the toe that's important and from my own experience, spending lots of time with instructors and all sorts of different tyres/cars, I'd wager you're oversteering the car.
I steer enough to get round the corner without understeer, there is occasion curb use. Please bear in mind the tyres have done 10 days on track.

Well as sacrilege as it sounds I fitted Rally Armour mudflaps to my Fk8 today. The amount of stone chips on the bottom of the rear doors living in rural Dorset was getting beyond a joke. I’m not a fan of mudflaps but they look a lot better in the flesh than in photos. Hopefully they will do the job an I may remove them in three years time when I no longer need to use the 11 mile rally stage to get to work.

Well as sacrilege as it sounds I fitted Rally Armour mudflaps to my Fk8 today. The amount of stone chips on the bottom of the rear doors living in rural Dorset was getting beyond a joke. I’m not a fan of mudflaps but they look a lot better in the flesh than in photos. Hopefully they will do the job an I may remove them in three years time when I no longer need to use the 11 mile rally stage to get to work.

I have resisted but if I were going to keep would do too.

its weird....when i see people putting the flaps on it puzzles me as I have hardly any chips on my rear doors, or behind front wing. It is champ white, so it hides it better and there may well be loads, but I genuinely cant see or feel them..!

its weird....when i see people putting the flaps on it puzzles me as I have hardly any chips on my rear doors, or behind front wing. It is champ white, so it hides it better and there may well be loads, but I genuinely cant see or feel them..!

I've got road rash on the front of my rear wheel arch protectors. So they will be getting removed and resprayed next year

topped up my windscreen washer bottle then accidentally dropped the filler cap into the engine bay :mad:
30 mins of swearing in the dark with a torch and a cane finally got it close to a place in the undertray where i could get two fingers round it
lesson learned

Back