• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

I have the euro boutique ones and they do work. I haven’t touched in any stone chips on the bottom of the rear doors since fitting them.

Anyone know the part number for the ‘type R’ badge on the front grill struggling to remove the old one.

The ‘H’ badge is the rear FK8 badge for the 2020 front grill, in case any one else swaps.

Got insurance via Adrian Flux. I did try my incumbent Direct Line first, telling them of my planned mods, and while the young service agent was excited for me, it was a computer says no. With Flux, undercut just what was paying last year with lower excess.

I still feel i am getting done dry though, £630 p.a., 40, low crime area, 9 years no claims. I blame the pr1ck who hit my parked saxo vts causing substantial damage back in 2001...

Pretty sure we're around £250 a year. Was £180 until I hit a barrier in a car park. Even with protected NCD it gets whacked up a bit.

A few bits...

ACF50'd The underside of the engine bay; Rinsed out the arches and ACF'd the suspension too - That should keep it all perfect over winter!

Also did a wheel rotation, and a brake & clutch bleed. - Went for a quick test drive, and it still stops and goes so all good! - Ended up only using ~1.5 bottles of RBF600 in the end; The OE fluid in the master cylinder looked like HP sauce, but when bleeding the lines didn't actually look that bad.

I finally got around to fitting carbon fibre seeker style spoiler lip and rear centre section cover. Starting to spend money :0 seriously considering FRSU next month.

Great weekend up t’north. A very healthy 396bhp and 371 lb/ft torque from ktuner remap on the tdi north dyno by Paul at TWP engineering, after injen evo intake fitted, added to the Remus cat back I already had.

Had the pops and bangs map as well, which has slightly lower numbers and drove home with that which just meant massive grin for 3 hours....Still massively impressed, chassis easily handling it and same characteristics as standard map but just turned up to 11.

Tuner view on infotainment is brilliant, just loaded the full monty map on the drive in minutes, full review to follow tomorrow :lol:

Great weekend up t’north. A very healthy 396bhp and 371 lb/ft torque from ktuner remap on the tdi north dyno by Paul at TWP engineering, after injen evo intake fitted, added to the Remus cat back I already had.

Had the pops and bangs map as well, which has slightly lower numbers and drove home with that which just meant massive grin for 3 hours....Still massively impressed, chassis easily handling it and same characteristics as standard map but just turned up to 11.

Tuner view on infotainment is brilliant, just loaded the full monty map on the drive in minutes, full review to follow tomorrow :lol:

This be me next week.
Hopefully by the time I go back in the new year they will have a new higher power pops and bangs map

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear....

Seems like I've taken the wrong turn and ended up at the ST forum

I'm a fan of a tasteful crackle, but not sure about the town-center machineguns - though being switchable it's not too bad :D

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Oh dear....

Seems like I've taken the wrong turn and ended up at the ST forum

I'm a fan of a tasteful crackle, but not sure about the town-center machineguns - though being switchable it's not too bad :D

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Yes head unit switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back