• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Oh dear....

Seems like I've taken the wrong turn and ended up at the ST forum

I'm a fan of a tasteful crackle, but not sure about the town-center machineguns - though being switchable it's not too bad :D

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

The great thing is only activated over 3500 revs, so can easy potter about without making a sound, but when fancy it the unpredictable pops and bangs can be managed....but yeah I am a chav

Awesome. I had to walk away when he was doing his thing, sounded like torture for my baby :lol:

Yeah but you get some amazing results at the end.
In on the morning, last legs on the tyres and four new Michelin PS4S after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great weekend up t’north. A very healthy 396bhp and 371 lb/ft torque from ktuner remap on the tdi north dyno by Paul at TWP engineering, after injen evo intake fitted, added to the Remus cat back I already had.

Had the pops and bangs map as well, which has slightly lower numbers and drove home with that which just meant massive grin for 3 hours....Still massively impressed, chassis easily handling it and same characteristics as standard map but just turned up to 11.

Tuner view on infotainment is brilliant, just loaded the full monty map on the drive in minutes, full review to follow tomorrow :lol:

Be interested to know how usable that 400bhp,is on the road, keep us filled In.

Great weekend up t’north. A very healthy 396bhp and 371 lb/ft torque from ktuner remap on the tdi north dyno by Paul at TWP engineering, after injen evo intake fitted, added to the Remus cat back I already had.

Had the pops and bangs map as well, which has slightly lower numbers and drove home with that which just meant massive grin for 3 hours....Still massively impressed, chassis easily handling it and same characteristics as standard map but just turned up to 11.

Tuner view on infotainment is brilliant, just loaded the full monty map on the drive in minutes, full review to follow tomorrow :lol:

Hi Mate, Did you get the remus fitted by Dream? if so how much did they charge for fitting.

Regards

Hi Mate, Did you get the remus fitted by Dream? if so how much did they charge for fitting.

Regards

Yeah, June 2019 and it was £1,656.00 all in, but they matched TDi at the time who had it cheaper. And it went a good bit higher in terms of materials after that I think

Yeah, June 2019 and it was £1,656.00 all in, but they matched TDi at the time who had it cheaper. And it went a good bit higher in terms of materials after that I think

Thanks for that, yeah, I've been quoted over £2,600 fitted and seems pretty high, time to shop around I think

Regards

is there much of saving to be had if you can do it yourself (I have access to a ramp) but wondering about the electronic gubbins with the sound controller?

for someone with only just about enough knowledge to wire a plug and change a light fitting would I struggle? I did fit RickHondaR's interior light pack but his instructions were v.easy to follow and it was just a plug in to a spare slot jobbie.

I'm imagining it's a whole heap trickier as the exhaust backbox needs wiring somehow for the valve to open/close?

if it's the same as the FK2 1st gen remus, then instructions and wiring were straight forward. pretty much 12v feed from under the dash to the remus box-o-magic and connect the included wiring loom to the valve - job done. They even showed you where to poke it through the body between interior & exterior side.

only reason i didnt do it myself on the FK2 was the OEM system - definately need a ramp for the height needed to route exhaust over the steering rack, and not an axle stand job at home.... unless you fancy cutting the OE exhaust under the car.

is there much of saving to be had if you can do it yourself (I have access to a ramp) but wondering about the electronic gubbins with the sound controller?

for someone with only just about enough knowledge to wire a plug and change a light fitting would I struggle? I did fit RickHondaR's interior light pack but his instructions were v.easy to follow and it was just a plug in to a spare slot jobbie.

I'm imagining it's a whole heap trickier as the exhaust backbox needs wiring somehow for the valve to open/close?

Nah I watched dream lads (nearly sad boys then) do it and no way in hell I would have been able to do it. Need to lift the trim, splice in, make it neat etc..

ClimAir wind deflectors, thought it would look good, totally undecided. Cant decide if it looks o.k or its spoiling the look of the car, just cant make up my mind, sons says it spoils it. Will have a good look in morning and decide..

ClimAir wind deflectors, thought it would look good, totally undecided. Cant decide if it looks o.k or its spoiling the look of the car, just cant make up my mind, sons says it spoils it. Will have a good look in morning and decide..

I initially had the Heko ones as I didn't want to pay £200 for the Mugen or OEM ones, I ran with the Hekos for 2 months and hated them, they were a bad fit, noisey and looked odd. I ended up buying the Mugen ones and they are a world apart in design, quality and no wind noise, there is a moral to this story :D

regards
Baz

I ran with the Hekos for 2 months and hated them, they were a bad fit, noisey and looked odd.

I've had mine on for a while and I'm having some second thoughts - with the lower roofline on the 10G from the off, it feels a bit like I'm sitting in a bunker esp. With the widening effect they have on the A pillar.

Mine seem to be a pretty good fit and look good enough, and they were useful when I camped in the car - other than that, I also haven't really used them as much.

Might pop them off again and see how I feel. They have pros and cons...

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I use the Heko ones, great fit and no noise, it was a real pain to fit the clips properly but no issues and personally think they look good.

Well she was a very dirty girl, so she got a wash today ...
bd996d9f29408f151dc391f958f4b292.jpg

ce5b481209b70dfad857ba530c63b10b.jpg

Back