• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

All I see when I sit in mine is one lazy scruffy dressed salesman (old off white shirt with white T shirt visible underneath type, he swings in his chair switching from mobile to iPad to looking at his computer monitor making noises with his tongue but not actually doing anything.

And the good part is you get to see Honda's customers wandering in and out and it's at that moment you see for yourself that Honda are actually more for the very mature age range

while my local is a bit more professional in their attire, i dont think i've once seen anyone younger than me at the dealer. rid yourself of the typeR model and your definately into volvo & pre-tata Jaguar clients.

got a feeling lexus and toyota would be the same (likely my next brands if the current trends continue)

I resent your ageist comments.
As a proud owner of both an FN2 and 1.8 Si.........Oh no, hang on I'm 58!

Trust me 58 is young compared to the ones that frequent my dealership,
I think Friday at mine is a more relaxed day and the main sales team are off, any other day and they're suited and booted, it's just this one youngish type one that's always on his own on Fridays

Bought this today and gonna give it a whirl as I am a bit OCD about clean wheels, and if it's any good I can use between washes and when I am away from home at the cruise at Maccy D's. I have their waterless wash and wax for the car and that's great so let's see, brake dust is a different beast so this could end in tears...

lZlxAvh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fitted new windscreen washer jets, tightened the screws holding the back of the centre console & fitted some protectors for the door edges after the respray.

Removed the old rear drop links, but when trying to install the new I accidentally popped the seal, so now I either have to fix the mess I made, or buy another drop link. Frustration.

Removed the old rear drop links, but when trying to install the new I accidentally popped the seal, so now I either have to fix the mess I made, or buy another drop link. Frustration.

OMG how is anything old on an FK8 already ? :)

Are they official Honda ones? I’m sure I have a set of non OEM replacement ones in the garage which I can send if you want them?

Got a crap day at work planned tomorrow but can have a look in the evening if you want them.

Are they official Honda ones? I’m sure I have a set of non OEM replacement ones in the garage which I can send if you want them?

Got a crap day at work planned tomorrow but can have a look in the evening if you want them.

Just checked my ancient for sale thread, it’s a front set that I have.

Apologies!

Are they official Honda ones?

They're Meyle HD, I just di a poor job on holding it in place and it ended up pushing against the seal when tightened.

Just checked my ancient for sale thread, it’s a front set that I have.

Apologies!

Thanks, but I managed to fix it anyway, just annoyed at myself. The fact that it needs a really thin spanner to hold it in place while you do the install is a little annoying. Gonna have to grind down an existing 16mm crescent I have in order to make this happen.

Might just leave it up on the stands until next weekend given how crap the weather is. A good excuse not to go anywhere :)

Also, annoyed that I (again, sorry) posted to the wrong sub-forum since I didn't notice this was in the FK8 section.

Back