• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Gave my baby a bit of tlc today. Washed dried, full body clay and then a ceramic re-gen.... a good 5 hours well spent.
75982fd0bd9a3a9694a561afe3366d30.jpg
fdd014f2e7025c57fd6278824d9ea5a1.jpg
1ef0230ea875047cff6c20767ee620c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Oh mate can't believe honda screwed up the bonnet scoop and wing mirrors! Presume some poor so and so with a red one is driving around with CW parts! :p

Yeah gonna do mine tomorrow...then wait for the layer of dust on dust on Sunday....eat.sleep.detail.repeat

Fan... I fitted them as I thought it needed something to break the CW up a bit. Gotta do something red on the back end now to balance it up....maybe some red wing tips.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I know what you mean about the white. See I love all the carbon accents you can add on the white. Mirrors, roof wrap carbon scoop, I think it really adds to the cw but I don’t see it working the same on my red. I’m looking at the mirror covers and thinking I quite like them as they are. The only thing I’m slightly tempted by is the rear wing strut but that’s black anyway so I guess it doesn’t really count

Interesting I think carbon on the red works better than the white for some reason

A lot of Americans giving the CW a black roof. Don't like it

I don't get this rally red thing, i personally think the darker red of the badges would look much better.

no idea where 'rally' red came from either. not like honda are well know with rallies afaik. they focus on circuit racing - f1, WEC, various TC's, GT series...

not that i did it today but a week before lockdown; prepped the FK2 for summer/track season - summer rubber on, girodiscs refitted, EBC yellow at rear (testing them to see how good vs dixcelZ's), high-temp silicone dust seals up front, brake bleed. also re-secured oil catch can and gave it a wash last weekend. dusty already & birds have found the roof too...

Opps , must pay more attention, I will get back to my EP3 section , it’s way too posh in here, Baz runs out :smt039

Well it took me over two year but I now Have my own FK8 so can legitimately post in here now :cool:

Fitted some wind deflectors and my typeR owners club stickers ;)

that's all for now , there will be more, lots more

regards Baz

Well it took me over two year but I now Have my own FK8 so can legitimately post in here now :cool:

regards Baz

Let’s have some pictures then!

Wind deflectors are on my list too. They’re a little way down due to me not wanting to have my nuts handed to me by buying too much stuff up front. My justification for buying the FK8 is I was shelling out too much on the FN2 :D

Hoping to have them on by the rainy months which I suppose is about May onwards!

Did you get the Honda Access ones or Mugen? They seem similarly priced

Hi David,

well I went for the cheapo Heko ones as I had just spent over £1,200 on a Eventuri induction and it was a bad move, they don't fit well and the rears are just not long enough, gonna leave it a while then go for the Mugen ones I think. Still got the Eventuri to fit on Monday so looking forward to that.

I also just sold my old Mini Cooper today so has given me a bit more modding funds.

Regards

regards Baz

Bazza tell us about your fk8 mate

Bazza tell us about your fk8 mate

Hi Mate,

well I had paid a deposit for a red one at Vertu Honda Boston and then they went into lockdown before I had even got to see it, it had done 25k and was £25,000, that was back in late march.

fast forward a few weeks and a guy comes onto a Facebook page looking to sell his FK8 for £25,500 in grey and had only done 5.5k miles, he is in Doncaster and needed the sale to free up funds as he has uncertainty at work and has a young family etc.........so I check out the car for HPI etc...... and all good, he offers to drive down to me in north Norfolk and do the deal, Car was awesome and completely clean and tidy , its a late 2017 and comes with remains service plan and also has the interior light pack. so very happy.

26,500 ish

Slightly over the 8K i told Honda with 5 months to run :D

Doesn't matter of course too much unless you're giving it back and walking away

What's yours on?

10.5k on mine in 2.5 years, for a practical car guess that is on the lowish side, if I'm allowed out the country in September I'm doing 2k around Europe.

so i changed the wheel nuts to black ones today, i purchased Porsche alluminuim black as they where way cheaper than the rip off priced honda steel black ones. look great and have a bit of a weight saving bonus too :D
added pics of weight differences (last pic is the nuts removed from the car in total)

Attachments

• b n copy.jpg
    b n copy.jpg
    824.7 KB · Views: 37
  • o n copy.jpg
    o n copy.jpg
    800.9 KB · Views: 32
  • t n copy.jpg
    t n copy.jpg
    822.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:
Back