• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

I got some 18"s too though mine are OEM FK8 type with Winter rubber - thanks Ruxpin! :D now I'm secretly praying for a blast of artic weather to go test them out properly ;)

I got some 18"s too though mine are OEM FK8 type with Winter rubber - thanks Ruxpin! :D now I'm secretly praying for a blast of artic weather to go test them out properly ;)

Got any pics?

wasting your time, springs here now ha...

Some people have gone to 18s and then came back to 20's saying lost a bit of turn in bite and feel.

Each to their own of course. I personally think even the 20s look a bit lost in the arches so wouldn't go any smaller, and enjoy Pot Hole Russian roulette...!

I went to 18" Team Dynamics and PS4's six months in, I love them and have never thought about putting the 20" back on but the band I play in are getting mighty ****ed off at the huge stack of rubber in the corner!

Got any pics?

wasting your time, springs here now ha...

Some people have gone to 18s and then came back to 20's saying lost a bit of turn in bite and feel.

Each to their own of course. I personally think even the 20s look a bit lost in the arches so wouldn't go any smaller, and enjoy Pot Hole Russian roulette...!

no pics on my CW just yet....I'm sure Rich won't mind but here's pics of his SGP with the 18" on. I don't think 18's look that lost in the wheel arches

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?104234-Winter-tyres

Feeling somewhat late to the party having just read through 81 pages of FK8 goodness but here’s mine which I drove last week and am now patiently waiting on. Chose to wait 2 weeks to get it registered on a 20 plate but the wait is killing me. Went in to buy blue. Saw red and it really does suit the car well I think.
This is the money shot for me:

Shortly before a little test drive of 10 miles or so:

Just another red FK8 I know. But the difference is it’s MINE! :D

Even though it’s not in my actual possession for another week I’ve already been busy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Feeling somewhat late to the party having just read through 81 pages of FK8 goodness but here’s mine which I drove last week and am now patiently waiting on. Chose to wait 2 weeks to get it registered on a 20 plate but the wait is killing me. Went in to buy blue. Saw red and it really does suit the car well I think.
This is the money shot for me:

Shortly before a little test drive of 10 miles or so:

Just another red FK8 I know. But the difference is it’s MINE! :D

Even though it’s not in my actual possession for another week I’ve already been busy:

Congrats mate, but images are not working?

The links should work if you click em. I’m told it’s a forum issue and they show fine on Tapatalk :confused:

It’s annoying

Any nice fresh Sunday with alittle sunshine.

So I set too and fitted strut tower brace bar and the put OZ 18" wheels on. very pleased with everything.

Nipping to Dream Automotive next month to have Eibach springs fitted all round.

Would post pictures here, but its not working

I have pictures on Insta if you want to follow : earthdreamsuk

Last edited by a moderator:
I have yet to see a car on 18's that looks right, sorry. I'm not a fan, the oem 19" from the FK2 looks ok, but that is the best I've seen.

Got 2 PS4S's fitted today... 11300 miles on the Contis and still had a couple of thousand in them I reckon except for the inner wall which has gone through to the 2nd layer of rubber. Obviously driving too conservatively... but in my defence I do quite a few motorway miles on my daily commute. :rolleyes:

Let us know how you get on with just PS4 front.

I have run Mitchies on the front Contis on the rear for the last 6k mileage over the last year, no problems I much prefer it to Contis on all 4 corners. I find that the rear slips a bit more but then I like that.

Finally picked her up (on trade plates). It’s felt like a long wait! Can legally drive it as of tomorrow!

Treated the whole interior with this stuff:

Congrats, and great plates. Hope you get some dry weather tomorrow to enjoy it

Good idea protecting the interior. I also did, but the front seats got blue jean marks. I'd recommend the red dream seat covers if you anywhere near as OCD as me

Back