• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Did you go tdi this weekend?

Unfortunately one of the engineers family tested positive for COVID @ TDI so Paul would not come in to do the tuning ... which is fair enough. So, all the guys there have tests booked for yesterday/today and going down on the 7th Nov ... so a little delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately one of the engineers family tested positive for COVID @ TDI so Paul would not come in to do the tuning ... which is fair enough. So, all the guys there have tests booked for yesterday/today and going down on the 7th Nov ... so a little delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh what a shame. There was one of the fitters coughing his guts out last weekend, I was keeping away from his as much as possible, so glad they are all getting tested!!!

Ahh what a shame. There was one of the fitters coughing his guts out last weekend, I was keeping away from his as much as possible, so glad they are all getting tested!!!

Yeah they are hoping to get sorted Monday to continue next week with minimal cancellations ... but 16:30 on Friday I was a bit gutted but tuning was the main part of my visit so a couple of weeks delay not the end of the world.

Indeed !

Top figure was my valuation on 30th August.

Bottom figure was calculated today.

(I actually got £25,250 after fees etc)

Glad I bailed when I did !

8c6e8e11935f08e918a783523506172f.jpg

I note that it’s still for sale at a dealer north of Newcastle upon Tyne. Up at over £27k..

Two other previous owners who I chat to also note that their previous fk8’s are still for sale.

Probably a buyers market on a “1st gen” FK8 at the moment.

I'm potentially looking to part ex my Black Edition FK2 for an FK8 soon, I'm getting a whole variety of valuations on mine. One dealer has got a black edition FK2 up for £24,995 with 16k miles on. Might be a decent time to try and get into an 8, Wimbledon Honda have a polished metal November 2019 registration with 4k miles up for just over £28k with the service pack.

I'm potentially looking to part ex my Black Edition FK2 for an FK8 soon, I'm getting a whole variety of valuations on mine. One dealer has got a black edition FK2 up for £24,995 with 16k miles on. Might be a decent time to try and get into an 8, Wimbledon Honda have a polished metal November 2019 registration with 4k miles up for just over £28k with the service pack.

I’ll be doing the same thing, but FK8 for FK8

Finally got my 2020 grill fitted, looks fantastic imho, I really didn’t like the original grill, having the roof wrapped next, been back and forth and usually not a fan of stuff like this but think it will look great.

Finally got my 2020 grill fitted, looks fantastic imho, I really didn’t like the original grill, having the roof wrapped next, been back and forth and usually not a fan of stuff like this but think it will look great.

Pics of the grill plesse!

What colour wrap you getting?

Going to wrap the roof gloss black, if that looks good I’m going to do the bonnet too but leave the side sections polished metal.

Attachments

• BB9E6803-9E0E-45AD-9AFF-A2F570902B8B.jpeg
    BB9E6803-9E0E-45AD-9AFF-A2F570902B8B.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 43
thanks to Rich H (Ruxpin) for letting me get my hands on these last winter, and what better excuse than a wash-out half-term week to put them on. Honda OEM winter wheels wearing Continental WinterContact 235/40/18. wears the 18" rims well I think.

Now I'm wondering if I need to paint them? (Black? Bronze/Gold? Red? or No?)

594801C8-6213-4360-9C38-9A676AA1058A.jpeg

DFCF5A77-7CC2-4379-911C-D70E3B5687A3.jpeg

5082FD07-19C7-4380-9943-DD69A3257143.jpeg

55BAB0F4-5131-4E51-BBEF-C8F47DAB41BA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave mine a maintenance wash this morning ahead of a blast I’d planned around north Herts. Under the grime I found a “graze” on my rear bumper on the body coloured edge below the fake vent. Someone obviously coming out of a car park, thinking they’ve made it, probably didn’t feel it. Black paint transfer and scratched. Well ****ed off. (Too ****ed off to take pics).

Went on the blast though (b507 between Baldock and the A10 anyone from these neck of the woods!), but it was on my mind so found a halfords in letchworth, bought some scratch remover and did it in in the car park. Got all of it off to be honest and now you’d have to really look to see the damage so that cheered me up.

What also cheered me up was the full 396bhp map, after running the pop and bang map for a while. It’s brilliant, so so quick and instant. Even in the torrential rain traction was brilliant. I think I surprised an RS3 saloon on an on ramp as well as myself before i backed off as the puddles were getting a bit deep!!

What tyres you on Fan? I find even standard map the Conti’s let go in this weather with ease.

Standard contis mate. Don’t get me wrong the amber traction light was attempting morse code with me, but no worse than standard with significant more torque and power.

Back