• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Stock internals ok for 400bhp, and that is what I will stick at, less psi with hybrid which is good.

If it goes bang, I’ll forge the engine completely. I believe crank and rods are forged as standard, I may be wrong.

I was starting to get a nice scooby style, 5 pot warble on the cruise.....then i thought maybe actually its a bearing. Turns out it was my rear left, sh4gged on the inside edge, '50 pencing' causing the throb, throb...

Had a spare conti in the loft, so all four back to normal now.

Michelins next I reckon.

Slow news day

Fan - I'm thinking to do the same and switch to Michelins PS4S, I just swapped the front tyres for the spare 2 wheels I had acquired from Dotty.

amazingly I had managed 13k miles on the original set of Contis and this included a trip to the Ring and about 6 laps ;-) pleased to say the inside shoulders whilst the lowest tread weren't running dangerously low.

guess I've just confessed to not getting the full potential from the car if the tyres have lasted this long ;-)

keeping an eye on Costco who have a £25 off per tyre on Michelins right now for 20" rims - at the min they only have Cup2s

I got my 4 spares from dotty! He was competition for Dream back then...!

Fronts lasted 9K first time, and I have to say 14K second set.....so that means I am turning into an old g1t..oh the shame. Or maybe its cos I am no longer working in MK, less round abouts...yea, going with that.

Didn't expect to see that on a 2.5yr old 17k mile honda...
5363526a760f5bbf8bf2fa8672282bb7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

So after 2.5yrs and 17k miles of fun it was time to say bye bye to the FK8 yesterday. It was our first TypeR and first Honda.

Thoughts:

Good
Brilliant fun to drive when 'on it'
Great value for performance offered
Good mpg (has averaged 32.5mpg)
Depreciation (or lack of) - it retained over 70% at p/ex at a non Honda dealer!
Huge boot and good cabin space
Brilliant front seats
Standard kit level on the GT model
Very rare on the road
Love Sonic Grey

Bad
Too wide to drive quickly on a b-road
Lack of individual option for suspension, steering and throttle. I want comfort, sport and R+ for 90% of the time
Slow infotainment system
4 seats only
Lack of character. It's been a very good car but we haven't developed an emotional attachment

Ugly
Stupid 20" wheels - risk of pothole damage, road noise and expensive tyres
Poor quality, rusting wheel nuts and Honda's refusal to change under warranty...grr

f1ef15524b9750657f447efd0319aa72.jpg

708b74eb030cbbec4594ddcf0dbce871.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back