• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Cheers for posting about the Horn it's a pet peave of mine, I have to use the horn at work a lot and its sooo embarassing!
How much do they cost, where from and how does it sound now?
thanks.
The sound is a lot louder than standard but not over the top, sounds decent. You can hear the dual tones nicely.
I've changed the horn twice now, best advice I can give you is to make sure you get the genuine Hella supertone and not the cheap copies that are allover the internet. You'll pay about £40 for the real things. You'll also need Honda Spade convertor which you can get off eBay cheap. (All aftermarket horns are Spade but factory isn't)

I had a good nose around the engine bay and noticed some rust from the screw that pops up on the suspension turret, anyone else got the same?
Also noticed screws on pax side passenger door rusty too. Now I’m keeping the car I’m keen to address these issues.

On the upside yesterday had a great day out 400 miles and an 8 mile walk :)

I have bought some engine bay cleaning bits so will have a good nose myself let you know. Never done my engine bay and is a reflection of the current boredom! Although really needs it...

my service now light has come on as regular readers of my column will know :lol:, so I rang Crown Honda and tried to book a service. Tech said you only had your A service in Jan, it must have been reset incorrectly. Come down, we will plug in and get rid of the message. I was a bit suspicious as it as good as 6 months and I know the Feb call up was due to oil life. Went there this morning and a more knowledgeable tech had a butchers and it was the B service which of course is in the dash info somewhere which I should have checked and it still needs it and booked to go back next week.

Moral of the story is know the difference between a & B and don't believe Bob who works on honda jazz's for mavis 99% of the time.

At least you got it booked in soon mate, Vertu booked mine in for 11th May, then cancelled that and booked it for 6th June! They have now text me again cancelling that one and I'm now having to wait until June 16th! I don't mind the wait but the inconsistency is kind of silly.
Guessing they're bombarded with Grandma's Jazz's? :lol:

At least you got it booked in soon mate, Vertu booked mine in for 11th May, then cancelled that and booked it for 6th June! They have now text me again cancelling that one and I'm now having to wait until June 16th! I don't mind the wait but the inconsistency is kind of silly.
Guessing they're bombarded with Grandma's Jazz's? :lol:

So is your service light on as well Mick? That's a huge wait. I always wonder if there is a tolerance on miles from when the light comes on before honda say you've not stuck to the service sched. Presume you're not using it much Mick, but that wait would vex me..!

No light yet, regular service interval is April but it had an oil change in January (light came on)
so as you can appreciate I'm not too fussed about the wait.

I'm amazed by the lack of understanding in the dealer network (all brands). My car was obviously set-up with the CBS switched off (it is an option according to the service log book) so I only get an oil 'meter' which I have to seek out in the menus and the car never lets me know anything else re: preventative maintenance. The dealer denies this but after 2 years its pretty obvious that system is not enabled. The car has had 2 services now I'm glad to say that its no more than 8k between oil and filter swaps. I think its an 'A' service each time. I paid for extended warranty and the service schedule (I think for 5 years) but I'm not sure if my old skool service plan will result in value for money or indeed a bonus since my annual milage is less than I anticipated...

Now I've written that I've bored myself ! LOL..

I guess I'm curious if anyone else ended up on the '12000 mile or annual' service schedule too?

had my B service last weeks at John Banks Cambridge. Spot on service as usual, they are taking both Renault and Honda Customers through a single service area, no waiting (as you'd expect). They put on my new Continentals SP6 and advised new rear brake pads which they are seeing as common for the Type R's with the stability control using a bit of rear to balance the car as the weight pitches forward under hard braking. They couldn't get OEM Honda pads on the day, but found some Brembo rear pads which they said should last a bit longer that the OEM Hondas.

The original rear pads had got a bit hot and started to disintegrate on the edges.

Nice James... It was a toss up between that and the remus. I heard the remus at a car show, never got to hear the Milltek so that was that..!

I got my B Service today just watched the inspection video which I have not seen before. Front brake pads have 50% left. I am embarrassed. Tyres are wearing on the inner edges, down to 3mm. He also said "And here is the exhaust..er…..modified" Don't know what he means, came like that guv....

I tried to see when Swindon would be starting up again for uk customers to get the 2020 version. Sales guy told me Swindon wouldn't be making the new one again. I said i think you mean the spy shot 2022 car, but then got a blank look and "oh there is an orange special edition coming out have you heard?" Do you mean the yellow one, "nah it's defo orange." I don't like knocking dealers, i know it's just a job to many, but I'd just love to have a decent conversation with a real car guy at a dealer...I know they are out there but not in Herts..!

I did consider the Remus but I got the Milltek at a price I couldn’t resist.

And my god is the standard exhaust long! Tried to put it in my mate's megane estate and nearly put it though his windscreen. Chopped in half now :p

yeah, i had it chopped as well. But, looking on the CivicX forum, some have managed to get it home by sticking out of the front window. Id have nowhere to store it anyway...

yeah, i had it chopped as well. But, looking on the CivicX forum, some have managed to get it home by sticking out of the front window. Id have nowhere to store it anyway...

We did consider that but like you I’ve not really got anywhere to put it. At least I didn’t have to hide it from the Mrs like some :p

Well it’s been along time since I posted, So here I go...

Over the last few months I’ve been having different maps created for my car by Paul west of tpwengineering.. this has been on the Hondata platform, adjustments for my Hybrid turbo etc..

Pauls work and Contact with me has been amazing...

But there was aspects of the Hondata that I personally wasn’t happy with. So the decision was made to switch to Ktuner.

This week I met up with Paul for the day and A few of us rented a dyno for him to work from.

The only killer of the day was the hot weather, intake temps rising up towards 50’C.. which really hampered results, but I was happy with ... a drive away 410bhp...

Paul’s predictions for the stage 2.5 map on TDI’s dyno with a cooler day and better fans usually return 430-440bhp... maybe I’ll get a run there in the next few months, and report my findings.

I’ve been running various maps with my hybrid turbo over a six month period, and the car has performed great...Touch wood.

Well it’s been along time since I posted, So here I go...

Over the last few months I’ve been having different maps created for my car by Paul west of tpwengineering.. this has been on the Hondata platform, adjustments for my Hybrid turbo etc..

Pauls work and Contact with me has been amazing...

But there was aspects of the Hondata that I personally wasn’t happy with. So the decision was made to switch to Ktuner.

This week I met up with Paul for the day and A few of us rented a dyno for him to work from.

The only killer of the day was the hot weather, intake temps rising up towards 50’C.. which really hampered results, but I was happy with ... a drive away 410bhp...

Paul’s predictions for the stage 2.5 map on TDI’s dyno with a cooler day and better fans usually return 430-440bhp... maybe I’ll get a run there in the next few months, and report my findings.

I’ve been running various maps with my hybrid turbo over a six month period, and the car has performed great...Touch wood.

Ah so it was you on his instagram post about switching to ktuner

Loving the pops and bangs you have now on the over run!

Overtook a police car and got pulled :p

It was unmarked and had a feeling it was undercover but other than being on some well sighted corners no issue. As I was bedding the disks, taking it easy and driving within the limits. On go the blues, I wave to acknowledge, park up mile down the road. I said ‘guess you were not happy with the overtake’ he said not ideal, but was happy with my driving and warned about potential bikes coming round the corners which I’m well aware of. Nice chaps and no ticket, had a chat about cars, he laughed and said, no way we would have caught you Btw if you had put your foot down, I said thanks for the compliment, he said to be fair the overtake was sound but had to pull me, thumbs up and off he went!

gave her a wash today :D oh and i made some rear fender vent accent vinyl overlay type things to help stop the stone chips a little :mad:
31.jpg

Back