• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Well have to say I have a £9k plan for my FK8 Type R ... got no chance of getting rid ... bought to do what I have with all my cars ... power, stance, sound and performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i did a thing..... can you guess? :D

Sr0dYVy.jpg

This on my list, if the tech specs are right should be a good addition!!

But I thought this thread was “what have you done to your Type R” not “what is the beat price I can get for my Type R”

Looks good that. Have you painted it or is that colour from factory? I’ve seen how they’re slightly taller and the vains are more substantial but hadn’t quite appreciated how much more depth an uprated intercooler offers

You see how weedy that stock cooler is? Planning on hondata later to get the most out of it.
Forge make them in black and red, love the red as it's quite subtle behind the grill. I'm guessing the black is for full sleeper mode :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
You see how weedy that stock cooler is? Planning on hondata later to get the most out of it.
Forge make them in black and red, love the red as it's quite subtle behind the grill. I'm guessing the black is for full sleeper mode :lol:

Booked in with tdi for Remus down pipe, injen cold air intake (not the guff heat soak one) and dyno session to tune the ktuner v1.2. Also gone for the Asbo crackle map, all switchable on the head unit. Not gonna be until the 18th October so long wait, but gives me time to choose the intercooler So perfect timing Mick! Dam does that thing defo fit??

Booked in with tdi for Remus down pipe, injen cold air intake (not the guff heat soak one) and dyno session to tune the ktuner v1.2. Also gone for the Asbo crackle map, all switchable on the head unit. Not gonna be until the 18th October so long wait, but gives me time to choose the intercooler So perfect timing Mick! Dam does that thing defo fit??

The HKS one would be my choice (and the hks pipe work )

So perfect timing Mick! Dam does that thing defo fit??

Oh it fits.... just :lol:
Joking, Actually there's plenty of room behind the bumper.
It actually took me by surprise that I didn't have the huge aluminum bar running through the middle of the front end that you see on the US versions. :confused:

H93OudZ.jpg

It actually took me by surprise that I didn't have the huge aluminum bar running through the middle of the front end that you see on the US versions. :confused:

Interesting! I’m very surprised to hear UK cars don’t come with this. I wonder if it has something to do with EU laws on pedestrian safety or something?

Going to cause much more damage to the car without that bar in the event of an accident

Wonder if it's the pop up hood system, since there are 2 bars? Nothing looks unusual, all looks factory standard :confused:

KqfibqU.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if it's the pop up good system, since there are 2 bars? Nothing looks unusual, all looks factory standard :confused:

KqfibqU.jpg

Yeah I can see now. That is a crash bar of sorts isn’t it. And it activates the pop up system as you’ve said. Got to be an EU regs thing. You learn something new everyday!

Booked in with tdi for Remus down pipe, injen cold air intake (not the guff heat soak one) and dyno session to tune the ktuner v1.2. Also gone for the ASBO crackle map, all switchable on the head unit. Not gonna be until the 18th October so long wait, but gives me time to choose the intercooler So perfect timing Mick! Damn does that thing defo fit??

ASBO crackle map??

I can’t stand the fake pops from Fords etc and this no different, would drive me nuts.

I get that, it is completely fake and some maps are horrific. For some reason I just like the sound of a well executed one. Dottys fault when he showed me his M2...I can turn it off on the dash when I grow out of it or its pants in person.

I bought the ktuner off Razi in that video. Seems to work ...!

Back