• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Oh man! I’m ****ing myself laughing. I have exactly the same problem with my better half, I seriously think she would dump me if I spent that much money on an exhaust atm, I will stealth save and have to say what a downer exhaust is broken that’s Gonna cost us��
So the Bluetooth valve control is a must? You can’t save some money and do without and still be friends with the neighbors ?

I think the sound controller is essential. No, you're not going to get complaints from the neighbours on fully open, not unless you give it loads of revs and be a div, but it just gives you that complete freedom and options. Missus in the car, take it for a service, clients in the car (once they've stopped laughing) = valve closed. Rest of the time open as a love island contestant. To be honest, I have had it on 50% open and that's just perfect for everyday use, loads of burble on start up and mincing around and not as fart can as fully opened.

View attachment 19770

These are the tips I'm going to go for, need to sort house out first :(

Yes, there was another CW in the workshop at dream with these and looked awesome. He/she has the Ohlins shocks, a full Quaife Sequential gearbox and so many more toys it's untrue. Forget your team dynamics one, this car is the real showpiece...

Last edited by a moderator:
I went for the Rolled tips on mine, I’ll have to grab a pic.
Personally I didn’t like how the other tips looked.
In regards to the sound controller, I’ve been leaving it on 100% open, it’s not that loud at all, only really when you put your foot down.
I just switch it back to 0% as i arrive home to keep the neighbours happy.

Did you bother with the ODB connector? I’m just using the Bluetooth button now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ODB connector - what is that exactly? There is the App on the phone, then the button, is this something else? I am soo lazy to look it up ha...

Know what you mean on the rolled, as this was my original choice as very OEM still... beauty is can chop and change

It a little white dongle that comes in the sound controller box.
I think it pairs with the app and allows you to set extra parameters, so flap percentage at pre set rpm basically.
I didn’t bother to plug mine in as I just turn it on or off when I want.
They probably just plugged yours in if you don’t get a message when you open the app.

It a little white dongle that comes in the sound controller box.
I think it pairs with the app and allows you to set extra parameters, so flap percentage at pre set rpm basically.
I didn’t bother to plug mine in as I just turn it on or off when I want.
They probably just plugged yours in if you don’t get a message when you open the app.

yeah I like the sound of this option most of all. i.e. you can set the flap to be closed up-to 2000rpm, half open at 2-4000rpm and then wide open say from 4000rpm. then you don't need to keep adjusting it.

Fan - you'll only to remember when the wife is in the car don't give it the full beans ;-)

ok so I had a little come clean moment this morning. Predicated by the fact I have a house with a driveway, and I left it on 50% again last night. It literally bounced off the walls this morning, so I had no option but to come clean. She was more angry with the deception. When I offered to show her the 100% open that didn't seem to help either. Ah well, can't live with them, can't live without them...

ok so I had a little come clean moment this morning. Predicated by the fact I have a house with a driveway, and I left it on 50% again last night. It literally bounced off the walls this morning, so I had no option but to come clean. She was more angry with the deception. When I offered to show her the 100% open that didn't seem to help either. Ah well, can't live with them, can't live without them...

Brave man, I would never buy a car part without discussing it previously :(

Where's your sense of adventure?!? I've bought my last two cars without telling the wife. Quite enjoy the sport of working out how to bring it up in conversation!!! :lol:

Check my EP3 build thread. Every single part was purchased without prior discussion. My money, my car. Arguments ensued, but didn't care; the counter was that moaning at me for "wasting my money" was foolhardy as it was no different to her buying her 700th pair of shoes...

I enjoyed playing the 'how long until she notices' game. Record was 3.5 months to notice I had bought and fitted new wheels! Exhaust was noted much quicker, mind. :lol:

That’s because the exhaust could have deafened Helen Keller!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check my EP3 build thread. Every single part was purchased without prior discussion. My money, my car. Arguments ensued, but didn't care; the counter was that moaning at me for "wasting my money" was foolhardy as it was no different to her buying her 700th pair of shoes...

I enjoyed playing the 'how long until she notices' game. Record was 3.5 months to notice I had bought and fitted new wheels! Exhaust was noted much quicker, mind. :lol:

Ahh see, but if I discuss things, explain why I need/want them and I get pre-approved, then there is no backsies. For example, my S2000 supercharger upgrade has already been approved even if we don't have the £8-10k I am planning to dish on it ;)

We've been together since 2006 and things have worked well with this system ;)

I tried that approach in the first instance but because she has no interest in cars let alone modifying them, it fell on deaf ears (pun definitely intended...).

Trying to justify the 'why', either through necessity or desire, met with a blank look, anger, and "it's a waste of money". So I streamlined the process straight to argument stage by not involving her.

Upon reflection, maybe that's why she doesn't like me that much... :lol:

Karl’s car was 143db. Helen Keller was a deaf woman. It was a joke. Obviously went over your head ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
143! Wow, was it even silenced at all? Must have been awful.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

143! Wow, was it even silenced at all? Must have been awful.

Definitely not awful, IMO (obviously). I still miss it; five years after stripping and selling.

[video=youtube;sL9DFeyc6vY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL9DFeyc6vY[/video]

Back