• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Wow that is good. Must have the transport blocks in those pics though...and that forum hurts my eyes :D

Dotty, what made you come back to the type r as a previous M2 owner?

Today I updated my Hondata map with FTS( full throttle shift). But also selected part throttle aswell, I’m finding it alittle jerky changing between first and second and even getting a few pops and bangs, so tomorrow I will reflash to full throttle only, which apparently is much smoother.

It is quite a cool feature though.

Also deciding which turbo to go for in January.

Today I updated my Hondata map with FTS( full throttle shift). But also selected part throttle aswell, I’m finding it alittle jerky changing between first and second and even getting a few pops and bangs, so tomorrow I will reflash to full throttle only, which apparently is much smoother.

It is quite a cool feature though.

Also deciding which turbo to go for in January.

YES POPS AND BANGS!!!!

ha, thanks for the update, I am very interested in what you ae doing as I will no doubt copy in Sept..keep em coming!

Not exactly today, it was last Thursday I pulled the trigger on a full titanium Fujitsubo exhaust system. I had it fitted with a Milltek decat downpipe.

The sound of Heaven has followed since.

Not exactly today, it was last Thursday I pulled the trigger on a full titanium Fujitsubo exhaust system. I had it fitted with a Milltek decat downpipe.

Nice, where did you get the work done? Did it throw up errors and how do you get rid? I guess each Mot you get the cat refitted..Edit - just realised if this is a new FK8 wont be needing one for a while!

Tonight,

Was a reflash of my Hondata map, I changed the full throttle shift settings, as I had it set to full and part throttle, which was giving me a very jerky gear change... I now have eliminated this problem with full throttle only and changes are smooth, no pops and bangs, with a setting off 3500rpm, I can now change up gears past this mark with my foot planted on the accelerator and no lifting off, a very odd feeling, and probably more a gimmick not for everyday road driving.

I’m also finding Hondata mapping, software and flashpro very straight forward to use if you just take your time and check your steps, and would recommend it as an option for your FK8, especially if your modding your car as you go, this works out lots cheaper then constantly having remaps.

Dream Automotive unlock your ECU very quickly and can set up your flashpro to your car, locking and registering it, but this process is newly available for you to do yourself through the flashpro manager software on your laptop, at a price of course, and your own risk.

I’ve yet to have a power run on the dyno at Dreams, but January will be seeing my turbo upgrade (Owen Developments) and then figures should be posted..

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, where did you get the work done? Did it throw up errors and how do you get rid? I guess each Mot you get the cat refitted..Edit - just realised if this is a new FK8 wont be needing one for a while!

Yeah, it threw up an error on the same day. Rev limiter and CEL, but it's presumably because of the cat not being there. And yeah, it'll be cat-free for another two years. Then it'll be a sports cat as I'll have had my fill by then and throwing £800-900 on a sports cat won't be as wallet-killing after the two years hopefully.

Next stage would be to get a Hondata and tune going to get rid of the errors and get a pop or bang out of it.

Lots of fun ahead.

Well,

A hybrid turbo doesn’t always mean more power, I will now be able to get the same power but less psi, so technically, just the bare remap with boosted up psi on your oem turbo is a worse situation than a hybrid.

Anyway, I’m willing to take the risk and be the guinea pig.

Get some pics up.

I had one of those on the fk2. Was going to get one for the 8...

Hi all,
I have been saving for an exhaust around £1000-£1200 mark and when chosen I would like to get it fitted in January, I cannot afford a Remus and sound controller although I love the sound of it fully open and It would be the best option for me I cannot justify spending so much (£2000 fitted) I would rather spend the extra on an Eventuri intake.
having listened to loads of youtube clips I'm leaning towards a Milltek non res, my thinking is... its going to be the best bang for buck, far from a subtle increase, its aggressive, loud and if it gets too much I could buy the Milltek resonated pipe and swap that section out.

Is there anybody in the Northwest of England currently running a Milltek non res I could meet up with to check out how it sounds ?

Is there anybody on here who would advise against this choice of exhaust?

I have a nearly new one of those sat in my garage (assume you mean Fk8) I’m quite enjoying the stock exhaust as it happens.

Back