• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Got any pics of the discs?
Here they are when first fitted, I will post a couple of how they looked yesterday as well.
77c235be71796f3da5018a68bcf5bd21.jpg
18e93a3e85d49a8ee95fb86127f2de2d.jpg
d7729d95ef9740f54d6cac0b3f587255.jpg
cb7bcfbc307e493b446649a551a128e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

As they looked after 5 sets of pads. Sorry for the odd lighting effect.
7b1f1def0afede6d559a7789f41cf153.jpg
9f99d2cd1c07e00e525e1b583c807fe7.jpg
816fee98a10c31f3d9f681cc2c968219.jpg
5fce04ca6b9c750125a6889033512179.jpg

True but still serviceable and no warping, very impressed with them.

It’s a sign that too much heat has gone into them. Warping is pad deposits.

All truck discs start with micro cracks when they're about 60% through their service life.

Very rare for them to suddenly develop, it's more a progressive growth which is more often than not well after the wear limit of the discs has been exceeded.

I'd say those discs looks good to go, just keep an eye on how those heat cracks are developing.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

with pads looking flaky white, i'm gonna say dust seals are cooked.
brembo seal#: 20 4872 46. 8 total, around £10/ea.

i'm running titanium shims in the hope it'll stop them cooking. They seem to get mixed opinions so i'll see how i get on with 'em first hand and not what some bloke in the intawebz thinks.

All truck discs start with micro cracks when they're about 60% through their service life.

Very rare for them to suddenly develop, it's more a progressive growth which is more often than not well after the wear limit of the discs has been exceeded.

I'd say those discs looks good to go, just keep an eye on how those heat cracks are developing.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I have run disks with those standard of surface cracks and they will take at least another set of RS29s, perhaps 2. Rears are now due ac4cset, the rear disks are lasting better than I expected.

with pads looking flaky white, i'm gonna say dust seals are cooked.
brembo seal#: 20 4872 46. 8 total, around £10/ea.

i'm running titanium shims in the hope it'll stop them cooking. They seem to get mixed opinions so i'll see how i get on with 'em first hand and not what some bloke in the intawebz thinks.
Seals are still ok, the first EzpC RP1 pads I tried has stainless steel back plates and they were ok, the 2nd set of prototype pads had a cheapo mild steel BP, the RS29s just work, full stop.

21K in and I am on original pads and discs, which I am surprised with...but then again i tend to use my door as an air brake so this may be helping

Fitted Mishimoto intercooler to my UK FK8, not as simple to install as the US model, anyway its in, finding ive got a bit of turbo lag, getting a hondata live map done next month, anybody know if that will help with the lag problem

Replaced my front and rear pads ready for Rockingham next week.

Fitted Mishimoto intercooler to my UK FK8, not as simple to install as the US model, anyway its in, finding ive got a bit of turbo lag, getting a hondata live map done next month, anybody know if that will help with the lag problem

That's normal with an intercooler, they don't usually tell you that in the description! I think with FK8 any mods really need mapping.

Welcome ED to the forum. So its due to the toys we have over here in the front bumper that makes it harder fiting I am assuming, but why does a bigger intercooler produce more lag? Just thought the air was cooler with these bad boys? Sorry, C in Physics..and that's cos I had the equations scratched into my calculator...

I'm no techie but believe it is down to the extra pipe work runs, i.e. Increasing volume. As I said with this engine any mod needs mapping, I have noticed little quirks since fitting my exhaust. Fitting a big intercooler makes sense if increasing power as such get it mapped.

I'm no techie but believe it is down to the extra pipe work runs, i.e. Increasing volume. As I said with this engine any mod needs mapping, I have noticed little quirks since fitting my exhaust. Fitting a big intercooler makes sense if increasing power as such get it mapped.

On the exhaust have you noticed a change then? not sure if its in my head but since fitting the remus it seems slower some how...

Just changed the feeble 'meep meep' horns to a dual snail horn system, doesn't take long and is much better imo :)

Back