• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

TDI closed completely even for mail order last lockdown, fingers crossed for you.

Fan how many maps can they put on? How easy is it to switch? I’d be tempted to get a wet weather map to have a really linear map to avoid wheel spin. I’m really tempted to upgrade my LSD as I find more and more losing traction through and exiting the bends, think the oem is a little tame.

TDI closed completely even for mail order last lockdown, fingers crossed for you.

Fan how many maps can they put on? How easy is it to switch? I’d be tempted to get a wet weather map to have a really linear map to avoid wheel spin. I’m really tempted to upgrade my LSD as I find more and more losing traction through and exiting the bends, think the oem is a little tame.

You can have 5 maps on ktuner. You need to buy Honda hack for 25 dollars, gives you a code once all set up u can download ktuner view onto the head unit and you short cut a steering wheel button to bring up the menu (I use the speech recognition one). It’s then as simple as choosing what map but you need to have full ignition without the engine on so all dash lights on, then it takes about 5 minutes to flash. Lane assist and auto breaking system check warnings takes a while more to clear so ten mins in total.

I watched a really good K-Tuner vs Hondata vid the other day. One thing that does look favourably on the Hondata option is the traction control mapping and how it compliments the standard system. Food for thought.
Funny enough I wondered the same re. an LSD upgrade. In all previous generations, a quaife seems to have offered a significant improvement over oem despite both being helical.
I’ve never owned a car this new on the R&D wave. It’s exciting to see how the development continues on this car throughout time.
One other thing I was quite shocked by was just how fast the FK8’s ring time was compared to some of the more traditional sports car focussed options. These are seriously quick cars on the track and open road. Those traffic light launches do not tell the whole story of this car!

This was the article, when I was doing some new Supra perving :D - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....e-nurburgring-and-5-that-are-slower.html/?amp

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah there are pros and cons for hondata vs ktuner for sure. The traction control on the hondata is fantastic from reviews. The reason I went with ktuner was Paul from tpw prefers it, gets better results from it, seems to have less niggles....and you can adjust the fuel to create the pop and bang where the hondata you can’t (prob for good reason but I am ignoring that!)

Well I will give Jamie a call tomorrow morning and see what the situation is. Been a long time waiting and hopefully with previous cancellations may consider keeping my appointment.

But if they close, they close ... nothing I can do. Just pain paying for Eventuri £1.2k 6 weeks ago. If they close may just wait till first week of January and get turbo pipe and exhaust done at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I will give Jamie a call tomorrow morning and see what the situation is. Been a long time waiting and hopefully with previous cancellations may consider keeping my appointment.

But if they close, they close ... nothing I can do. Just pain paying for Eventuri £1.2k 6 weeks ago. If they close may just wait till first week of January and get turbo pipe and exhaust done at the same time.

What’s the story, still on for sat?

What’s your year by the way. Just read on face book that 69 plate cars are not supported by ktuner which I found odd

What’s the story, still on for sat?

What’s your year by the way. Just read on face book that 69 plate cars are not supported by ktuner which I found odd

Well TDI North are staying open (so 1 out of 2), it is whether Paul will come in on Saturday for the tuning, find out in the morning as he is in TDI all day.

Mine is 2018, so all good on that front

Naa im messing about some d*ckhead drove into it a month ago and wrote it off unfortunately its a cat b write off

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mate won’t tdi and other non essentials not be closed from Thursday? :mad:

Well TDI is open, Paul can’t operate ... another delay. So transferred my tyres are getting fitted up here and hopefully Paul can open soon!!

Ahh no, Paul is too busy or something?

No he is classed as a Tuners (none-essential) so has to close. I understand he is looking to reclassify as a garage as most of his work is in Gateshead.

No he is classed as a Tuners (none-essential) so has to close. I understand he is looking to reclassify as a garage as most of his work is in Gateshead.

Paul seems to be tunning today mate at tdi? Unless it was from weds. Not stirring! Just saw a post on insta is all....:confused:

Back