• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

yep good lad Phil and his crew, even better at new premises, old one was touch tight..!

I know warranty is screwed, but will Honda carry out the servicing for an ECU modded car?

I've got the 5 year service plan, just wondered when they plug it in will they go hang on a minute, can we have a word sir..

Hey Fan,

I also have the 5 year service plan, the Honda dealer I bought my FK8 from have no problems with my mods, I’ve been back several times for warranty work, and they are always interested in what I do to the car, sales staff are always taking pictures.

I think the service plan is just a fancy oil change etc. My cars not even done 5k yet, but modding the car is my interest, we all have our thing, and at the end of the day it is my car not Honda's.

Next for me in the new year will be uprated clutch and a hybrid turbo

Last edited by a moderator:
My Flashpro arrived today from Dream Automotive, very easy to set up and register, locked the unit to the car, then Phil sent me over one of their maps to load on to my car. all very straight forward stuff.

In the coming weeks I will be going to Dreams to have the car on the dyno for power runs and tweeks to the map.

I will post Figures once done.

The car definetly seems more aggresive, pulls and boosts harder.

1912080101040116.jpg

Hey Fan,

It is a 93 octane/10% ethanol race map, to suit all of my boltons, with increased boost, no rev hang and full throttle shift.

I won’t know figures until I go to Dreams, hopefully before Christmas to get the power runs done and some live tweeks, but expected between 380 - 400 bhp.

I’ve been doing some data logging this afternoon, and looking over it. Not as if Ive got any idea what it all means :eek:

Wow!! Big numbers, very nice

I know you don't like pops and bangs.....BUT.....without the rev hang now have you heard any?!

Standard torque/hp through FWD fecked my tyres pretty quickly. More torque/power would be nice, but not sure FWD is the ideal platform.

Sounds like fun though :)

Afternoon Fan,

Not had any pops or bangs after a few hours of driving... maybe all this modding is extreme and its totally wasted on me as i pootle around in comfort mode 90% of the time, changing gear at 2500 revs.. I just like to tinker with the car.

Spent the morning washing the car and doing a few youtube videos, have a look and give me a thumbs up or a Like

https://youtu.be/1vZC-7qkuZA

Last edited by a moderator:
nice vids Ed!

Ha, have to laugh though, all that money and you're miss daisying in comfort! nice to know you've got the ability though when needed....

I am thinking Dream down pipe, sports cat, 7mod remap in Sept.

Fatal mistake, car in for service, test drive booked. Was kindly lent an M2 Competition, I have to lock down my Supra spec next week and having a wobble with the FK8. I have been wanting to see something special from Honda but my patience has ran out.

So thought try out the M2. I thought the standard M2 was lacking a little for me, backed up by poor service at the time, but how times have changed. Very different car to the Type R, I have to admit I couldn't stop grinning, a really really good car. I'm not convinced the handling is as good as the Type R, but the overall package I think is. The roads were greasy and the M2 rear is quite happy sliding anytime in second gear or third if aggressive out of a corner, genuinely think I could have driven my FK8 as quick but lacks the theatre and excitement from the M2.

Third world issues but not sure whether to keep my deposit on the Supra, keep the Fk8 or get a new M2, both new models would be March delivery.

Interesting, someone on here has sold the M2 and come back to a Type R!

Know what you're saying though, I'd have one in a heart beat. But I saw a good few at the pistonheads Sunday service and I just find the comps a bit anonymous even with the wider arches. Wheels aren't as good as the first so I'd have to have the BMW motorsport ones and the sports exhaust...

The supra is actually really growing on me as well though

Tough decision but a nice one to have

I went from an F80 M3 (a similar idea to the M2) to the FK8 and 8 months in I don't regret the decision. I was fortunate enough to drive the M3 for 2 years though. Pure drama every time i drove it, especially this time of the year. You will get fed up being beaten off the lights in the wet by diesel Audi's and anything with 4wd to be honest!! Great looking car though and always brought a smile.

Go with your heart, buy what you want and don't feel like you have to justify the decision to anyone. No matter what car you buy someone (usually not a proper petrolhead) will tell you it's the wrong one!! Enjoy it!!!

Back