• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

This video is pretty informative with regards to available intakes :D

[video=youtube_share;CaR2luCjEpo]https://youtu.be/CaR2luCjEpo[/video]
This is what made me just buy a K&N panel filter. That and the one hondata did which basically proves most of the early intakes are crap as they heat soak. Don't test prl, eventuri or the injen evo though

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the eventuri but sold it when I thought I was going to sell the car.

I run the prl intake pipe and k&n filter now and it’s definitely better than stock , without all the wooshy noises of the eventuri. I’m pretty happy with it.
6014398fa6bdefb63ce7e15e62a603f8.jpg

Prl do their own 'stage 1' intake kit too. This but a blue panel filter, probably made by K&N anyway! Dotty do you notice much noise difference with the K&N, I feel like I do a bit but can't figure out if it's just placebo. That being said my exhaust drowns it out now anyway!

Prl do their own 'stage 1' intake kit too. This but a blue panel filter, probably made by K&N anyway! Dotty do you notice much noise difference with the K&N, I feel like I do a bit but can't figure out if it's just placebo. That being said my exhaust drowns it out now anyway!

No noise .. but to be honest. I like that :)

With one eye on the Ktuner remap in September, I am very much deciding on an intake at the moment. Paul mentions the Injen, which looks like a rebadged Takeda to be honest, similar to the PRL.

Eventuri would be nice, saved a couple of quid on the Ktuner itself so might treat myself.

Got the K&N panel and its much quieter than the Pipercross, but at least I have some comfort that it's not eating itself.

I've met a guy on fb at a few meets up here with the prl intake for the fk8, he claims to get a very large hp increase with it, along with an Nvidia cat back he is claiming 360bhp, without a map.
I also swapped my pipercross for a k&n on the fk2 and if anything it's louder than the pipercross esp at low rev gear changes

I'll eat my hat if he's getting anything above 330 without a map.

That's why I put claimed, not seen a dyno sheet and wouldn't even trust that if I did see it, sounded nice when he was ripping down the road ***

I've met a guy on fb at a few meets up here with the prl intake for the fk8, he claims to get a very large hp increase with it, along with an Nvidia cat back he is claiming 360bhp, without a map.
I also swapped my pipercross for a k&n on the fk2 and if anything it's louder than the pipercross esp at low rev gear changes

Sorry 360 is absolute BS (not shooting you by the way...Him :D)

The Fk8 ECU is a clever old boy, it adjusts fuel, air etc based on the mods you have to reach the standard BHP and torque.

That's why an intake or an exhaust on their own, might sound better, but material gains are negligible. It's only when you map a car you can use the increased airflow and capacity of the mods.

I've had mine on the dyno with the panel K&N panel filter and cat back (which is pretty much straight through). Zero gains.

I had the eventuri but sold it when I thought I was going to sell the car.

I run the prl intake pipe and k&n filter now and it’s definitely better than stock , without all the wooshy noises of the eventuri. I’m pretty happy with it.
6014398fa6bdefb63ce7e15e62a603f8.jpg

Weird you say yours is quiet? I'm running same PRL pipe but with pipercross filter and get a definite induction woosh sounds when on boost. Which I'm fine with :D

Btw you can get the carbon fiber mirror caps from Tegiwa.

Weird you say yours is quiet? I'm running same PRL pipe but with pipercross filter and get a definite induction woosh sounds when on boost. Which I'm fine with :D

Btw you can get the carbon fiber mirror caps from Tegiwa.

I mean it’s deffo louder than stock but not as loud as the eventuri :)
99d588e398fbc1f1073e5c2d505eaf1b.jpg

I have the Honda ones :)

Have a good friend giving her a detail and ceramic coating this week. Day 1 started with a wash, decontamination and masking ready for a light polish tomorrow. Then it will be on with the ceramics next:

I'll eat my hat if he's getting anything above 330 without a map.

Haha lol ... agreed ... a good intake with 99 Ron fuel to make the air fuel mixture better you may get 4-6 hp no more.

My Audi S3 8P was stage 1 and spent half a day on dyno and went through 6 different intakes and change was 6hp at best (to be fair was not the most expensive).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a good friend giving her a detail and ceramic coating this week. Day 1 started with a wash, decontamination and masking ready for a light polish tomorrow. Then it will be on with the ceramics next:

If only my garage was as wide as this, can just about get it in (no jokes please)!

It’s still snug. It’s parked right up against the wall on the passenger side to allow room for on the other side. It’s got to be a couple inches from the workbench behind for the garage door to close but it just about fits. Had to do a “test fitting” last week just to be sure it would fit. Piccy of mine last week alongside matey’s Mountune stage 2 RS. Circa 430bhps

Back