• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

I feel your pain! I’ve owned mine for exactly a month now and it’s covered a grand total of about 335 miles

same....logged onto the Honda app to check when I last drove her, almost 3 weeks now. might have to order a trickle charger for the battery at this rate.

Hi guys,
Well I put a deposit on a lovely red FK8 10 days ago and then the dealership went into lockdown as they were carrying out the PDI, so she is sitting in the dealership waiting. Even if she was sitting on my drive at least i could sit in it and clean it. No news on when they may continue trading :confused:
Frustrated or what :evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,
Well I put a deposit on a lovely red FK8 10 days ago and then the dealership went into lockdown as they were carrying out the PDI, so she is sitting in the dealership waiting. Even if she was sitting on my drive at least i could sit in it and clean it. No news on when they may continue opening :confused:
Frustrated or what :evil:

awww man that sucks big time. hopefully the date of first registration for you will be set when we all come out of this nastiness. I can imagine quite a few cars with a 2019 build/2020 delivery/2021 registration date will need to be explained as a Covid19 date-foo issue.

makes you wonder about all those cars sat around in the docks/ports for weeks on end will now be months. I guess those owners of the new Limited Edition cars will have the first few months of storage for free. I just hope Honda have done the right thing and found them a nice warm water-tight building or better still with a carcoon. Whats the bets they are stuck on a transporter in a car park somewhere near Swindon?

awww man that sucks big time. hopefully the date of first registration for you will be set when we all come out of this nastiness. I can imagine quite a few cars with a 2019 build/2020 delivery/2021 registration date will need to be explained as a Covid19 date-foo issue.

makes you wonder about all those cars sat around in the docks/ports for weeks on end will now be months. I guess those owners of the new Limited Edition cars will have the first few months of storage for free. I just hope Honda have done the right thing and found them a nice warm water-tight building or better still with a carcoon. Whats the bets they are stuck on a transporter in a car park somewhere near Swindon?

Yep, anyone who watches JayEmm videos and his Maclaren bashing one, his friends 'brand new' 720s had been sitting out in the rain and elements for months before they ran a rag over it and sold it to him....so don't hold much hope for humble civics! Bazza, that's absolutely gutting mate...feel for you!!!

in these baron times, lets all post a time when we were happier in our motors. I'll start:

ZNz4QNl.jpg

ok then Fan.....a gratitious chance to post my Nurburgring lap from back in May 2019. #disclaimer, I'm definitely no driving god, more than chuffed with a 9:24. and there's some good passenger side commentary/banter including the over-use of the word "flat" (out). sit back and enjoy while I wonder if we'll get a chance to go back in 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4aHJ8QTsvA

edit: beautiful day too.....what a place!

Sorry if its been answered before but does anyone know why the EU front left fake fog light grill have a blank half way down and the US carries the fake honey comb all the way across the vent. Just been puzzling me.

Sorry if its been answered before but does anyone know why the EU front left fake fog light grill have a blank half way down and the US carries the fake honey comb all the way across the vent. Just been puzzling me.

do you mean why does one side have cut out holes in the honeycomb while the other doesn't? it's because some bureaucrats decided the horn could not be hidden/heard so holes were put on that side only. go figure, I would've done both and saved some weight, increased some air into the engine bay and heck, cured one of my OCD problems at least :lol:

no he means the proper blanking plate on the left vent

I think its something to do with one of the safety features that the US market didn't get until MY20, but not sure what one.... or if that's even true

i have not really noticed it much, but now it is bugging me...!

no he means the proper blanking plate on the left vent

I think its something to do with one of the safety features that the US market didn't get until MY20, but not sure what one.... or if that's even true

i have not really noticed it much, but now it is bugging me...!
The radar is located behind the blanking plate. That’s why it says DO NOT PAINT on the plate.

Yesterday, gave it another wash. They get remarkably dirty for just sitting there!!
With limited time clayed the bonnet and wings although don’t think I’ll bother with the rest of the car for a while as there was nothing to really remove.

Then just bonnet and wings again applied:

FK300 hand glaze
FK1000p sealant
Then finished with FK2685

Still have the rest of the car to do but it’s a start! Some nice beads this morning:

My lad bought me an alcantara gear stick gaiter for my birthday. :cool:
I have just Googled how to fit one..:eek:. guess that is on tomorrow's job list and fingers crossed I dont break anything... Maybe I will ask for a sticker for next year...:lol:

Yesterday, gave it another wash. They get remarkably dirty for just sitting there!!
With limited time clayed the bonnet and wings although don’t think I’ll bother with the rest of the car for a while as there was nothing to really remove.

Then just bonnet and wings again applied:

FK300 hand glaze
FK1000p sealant
Then finished with FK2685

Still have the rest of the car to do but it’s a start! Some nice beads this morning:

Did mine all day Saturday on and off waiting for bit of cloud cover, looked great yesterday...on my drive....with nowhere to go....Nice beading this morning, but now have tiny dust deposits where the beads evaporated. Oh well, something to do over Easter!!!!

Edit CW colour is a nightmare to wax and bilt hamber double speed wax is a lie..!

Annoying isn’t it. And those little deposits don’t want to shift without a mitt! Hoping to ceramic coat in the summer in the hope that makes the washing process easier

Annoying isn’t it. And those little deposits don’t want to shift without a mitt! Hoping to ceramic coat in the summer in the hope that makes the washing process easier

Ceramic coating does make a lot of difference as you probably already know...
No more waxing.. just a maintenance ceramic coat every 2 or 3 washes. :cool:

Back