• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Prl only do a charge pipe kit, which doesn’t have the right pipe to fit...I have HKS solid pipes apart from that coupler.. I emailed Forge, they don’t make It either :confused:

Just installed skunk2 weighted shifter, also had gearbox oil changed earlier in the week. my shifts are silky smooth

Attachments

• 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200627143904752_COVER-01.jpeg
    00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200627143904752_COVER-01.jpeg
    944.9 KB · Views: 38
Just installed skunk2 weighted shifter, also had gearbox oil changed earlier in the week. my shifts are silky smooth
Like it just not a fan of the massive skunk2 logo. Would probably have one if it was plain.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Like it just not a fan of the massive skunk2 logo. Would probably have one if it was plain.

Could be the photo but I think it looks subtle in person not mega noticeable in the cabin light. Well worth getting a weighted version though, definitely a noticeable difference in shifting.
Loving it

I’ve been toying with getting one of these but I’m worried it will make the throw longer when changing gears due to the additional height of the knob. Have you found any noticeable difference?

I’ve been toying with getting one of these but I’m worried it will make the throw longer when changing gears due to the additional height of the knob. Have you found any noticeable difference?

You will probably notice the throw being longer with a taller gear knob, I fitted the Modulo leather gear knob to mine and it ruined the gear shift for me, it felt absolutely terrible! So I sold it and went back to the OE knob for a while.

CE62-B7-A0-AC24-4-C5-E-B7-D4-80-AAB94-BCECE.jpg

I recently got the Acuity Poco gear knob which is countersunk, it sits a fair bit lower than the OE knob which shortens the throw, it’s much better than the standard knob height. It isn’t weighted but I much prefer it as the shifts are shorter and they feel more positive. I also took the opportunity to change the gear gaiter to the Dream Automotive alcantara/suede one which I think looks a bit nicer than the OE leather one.

8-A78-E4-EB-020-E-4-F95-B919-854-A94567040.jpg

Dream Automotive do a weighted gear knob that looks nice for a reasonable price if you want to keep the height of the OE knob. I was going to get one until I saw the Poco.

Last edited by a moderator:
The skunk2 knob is heavy at 440g, and the install raises the top of the knob by ~20mm approx.
A heavier shift knobs will make shifting easier and smoother due to the additional weight having greater inertia the moment you start changing gears. A lot of people like this feeling, and I do too, very effective upgrade imo :D

Not fitted today but I thought I’d share some pics of the mods I’ve done so far...

A couple of optional Honda Access bits I did a while ago but didn’t get round to posting...

0160-F0-D3-78-F0-4522-BC04-CC0-BBBA2-B614.jpg

263-BF76-D-7-A63-4-CFA-BFAD-B76-EAEAEF58-D.jpg

Illuminated Door Sills, I also did the Illuminated Footwell Lighting Kit. Tricky to get good pics of them at night.

62-BA4877-6-E4-F-4-B68-A855-0346-A739-B9-A2.jpg

Honda Access Wind Deflectors which I fitted about a year ago I think.

I just got some new tyres in 255/35R20 size...

DC190-B34-459-A-4825-B34-F-533-AEB199430.jpg

Michelin PS4S’s fitted and I added some black MUGEN wheels nuts at the same time, I think it looks better. I also have Rally Armour mud flaps fitted for about a year and a half.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got some new tyres in 255/35R20 size...
Michelin PS4S’s fitted and I added some black MUGEN wheels nuts at the same time, I think it looks better. I also have Rally Armour mud flaps fitted for about a year and a half.

Looks good!
Are the Mugen wheel nuts the black steel version of the standard ones? I looked at some like that but settled on black Porsche wheel nuts in the end due to the price and being aluminium (Also same fitment)
Also did you get black locking wheel nuts? I've been struggling to find any

Looks good!
Are the Mugen wheel nuts the black steel version of the standard ones? I looked at some like that but settled on black Porsche wheel nuts in the end due to the price and being aluminium (Also same fitment)
Also did you get black locking wheel nuts? I've been struggling to find any

Thanks! I think there’s only one version, as far as I know they are steel with a black anodised or zinc finish with lock nuts. The part number is 08181-XG8-K0S0-BL.

I was also considering black Porsche ball seat nuts but I have read bad things about aluminium wheel nuts and the Mugen ones came up for a good price. They are tapered seat so I have used 60 degree to ball seat conversion washers.

As you no doubt know there’s very limited options available, I spent days looking!

Could be the photo but I think it looks subtle in person not mega noticeable in the cabin light. Well worth getting a weighted version though, definitely a noticeable difference in shifting.
Loving it
Yeah sometimes difficult to gauge by photo. I've seen perrin do a very similar one but just a small logo and looks a bit shorter. Could be tempted

Back