• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Yeah, put the ad on Pistonheads on Wednesday at £26k.
Been fighting people off for 4 days since then as I umm'd and dithered about whether I really wanted to sell it but gave in and took a deposit.
Getting the pro photos done after doing that wasn't particularly sensible since I forgot how great it looks when it isn't under a cover in the garage.

someone's getting an extremely pampered and well looked after car with tiny miles for a very fair price so I am not surprised the enquiries were coming in! Wrong colour though obvs...;)

sad to see a forum member sell up, but all the best!

Hi,

Would you mind telling me where you got the type R decals in white please?

I can only find ones with the word 'type' in black.

Cheers

Thanks,

I was going purely on looks, having a polished metal car myself.

I am going to keep the car, so not bothered about any finger pointing.

Cheers

Bought ktuner off Razi who some may know although not active on here. Had an awesome sonic grey pearl heavily modded motor but now back to standard, selling off parts. £350....roll on September

Thanks earth dreams for giving me a nudge to get it!!

finally fixed my wonky steering wheel. since factory the wheel has been slightly left-hand down. car has been to honda twice, and 2 different independents (one of which is Center Gravity in Atherstone) and no fix even after revisits.
i've been running my own tweaked setup to get the wheel straight but it never felt easy on the road. overly sensitive. inner edge of tyres wore so obviously too much toe-out.
today i reverted my change, removed trackrod ends and counted turns as it came off as i thought maybe they were unequal. nope, 15turns both sides so back on they went to orignal position.
car is perfect now. tracks true & straight and isnt overly sensitive. not sure whats going to bother me more - not knowing what the issue was and how i actually fixed it, or the fact i've acomplished a 4year old issue that no one has been able to fix.

almost forgot, also removed a tight bolt for the oil drip tray. all the other bolts when in with the same method, and came out fine bar one. striped the philips head and even took effort with grinder+hammer & punch to get it out. no idea how it got so tight but it's out now so have to get a new one ordered up from honda at a silly price

Less than half a turn out can make a huge difference as you probably know. Unless you take off the track rod ends then there is no real way of knowing. Glad you had it sorted though. Things like that can be a pain.

Low as in under 7k right? :D

Genuinely not redlined it yet even having now run in it’s not been past 5,800rpm

After about 450miles it has a couple bursts up to about 5k but that’s as much as it’s had. To be honest it’s not the sort of car you feel like you need to push flat out on the roads.

Was having a play with it on the motorway today just dipping to about 50 - 60% throttle in 6th at 70mph to do quick overtakes and in the time you switch lanes and pass the car the change in speed in that short space buts you into licence loss territory!

It’s done more miles today the probably the last 2 months

Well Yesterday took delivery of my new Championship White Type R FK8 GT.
Today, Honda Hack to allow access to the Head Unit.
Tomorrow; book in for first stages of tuning ... and order Eventuri Full Intake System.

Well Yesterday took delivery of my new Championship White Type R FK8 GT.
Today, Honda Hack to allow access to the Head Unit.
Tomorrow; book in for first stages of tuning ... and order Eventuri Full Intake System.
If its helps Paul West of TDI told me the PRL intake is the best bang for buck and the new Injen Evo intake is also awesome. No where near as blingy but fraction of the price of the eventuri

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Back