• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

I like them mate.

I was sick of the spiders web on mine so I bought a DA and some light polish brought them up a treat!
I have 75% tinted front side windows, put some matt black PPF on the front and tinted headlights, back lights and badges.
Car needs a wash but I like how stealth it looks now.

Last edited by a moderator:
So my B pillars are looking terrible due to pre-wash getting under the clear coat and permanently staining it. I tried all the best water spot removers, polishes, but alas it was too late.. this looks like dirt but trust me its not

B8JFPIc.jpg

so out of sight out of mind, I got these carbon style vinyls

9Nea2DS.jpg

quite happy with them for now, match the lower skirt carbon. Have some for the rear door quarters, but already have a decal there

NH8BWUF.jpg

Are they the eBay ones?

I like them mate.

I was sick of the spiders web on mine so I bought a DA and some light polish brought them up a treat!
I have 75% tinted front side windows, put some matt black PPF on the front and tinted headlights, back lights and badges.
Car needs a wash but I like how stealth it looks now.

Nice! That is the bat mobile! I could put up with the swirls, just the staining looked bad. True carbon replacements from Honda are 700 quid, carbon my ride.com 200, so these will do for now

Are they the eBay ones?

Yep, it's a lot for stickers but decent enough quality

Lowered my car today! No not new coil springs,fitted a spacesaver spare wheel kit in the back,takes the worry out of getting a flat tyre that the kit supplied cant cope with.

Lowered my car today! No not new coil springs,fitted a spacesaver spare wheel kit in the back,takes the worry out of getting a flat tyre that the kit supplied cant cope with.

Did that as soon as I bought it, repair kits are utterly useless.

i fixed 5 or 6 small stone chips on my bonnet and got my tegiwa b pipe fitted
looks good and sounds great now

Did Snetterton yesterday. 17 degrees with occasional sunshine. Left aircon off. Car was well behaved with temperature gauge not going much over half way. Very pleased with that :D

Did Snetterton yesterday. 17 degrees with occasional sunshine. Left aircon off. Car was well behaved with temperature gauge not going much over half way. Very pleased with that :D

It was 22-23c at Cadwell and mine only crept a touch over half way solo and a notch higher with a passenger. Was keeping the sessions short though as I was running the OEM pads and conti’s.

How was yours temp wise at the ring?

It was 22-23c at Cadwell and mine only crept a touch over half way solo and a notch higher with a passenger. Was keeping the sessions short though as I was running the OEM pads and conti’s.

How was yours temp wise at the ring?

I was 4 up with a bootful of booze at the ring and it was 28 degrees. I was taking it pretty easy and the gauge was right at the top. I've no idea how much warmer the car has to get before it goes into limp mode but I eased off and turned off air con.

Bedford earlier this year was around 22 degrees and I was again near the top with air con on.

My brakes are pretty cooked but I don't find the tyres or brakes to be a limiting factor - must try harder :D

I was 4 up with a bootful of booze at the ring and it was 28 degrees. I was taking it pretty easy and the gauge was right at the top. I've no idea how much warmer the car has to get before it goes into limp mode but I eased off and turned off air con.

Bedford earlier this year was around 22 degrees and I was again near the top with air con on.

My brakes are pretty cooked but I don't find the tyres or brakes to be a limiting factor - must try harder :D

Just to add that I (hopefully) fully disable any stability control (which I understand chews the rear pads) by holding down the stability control button for 10 seconds while in R mode.

Just to add that I (hopefully) fully disable any stability control (which I understand chews the rear pads) by holding down the stability control button for 10 seconds while in R mode.
When you go +R and do the hold it will say fully off in the dash and you need to press ok to clear the written warning.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Yeah AC off is a must, with it on you are heating the air with the warm condenser before it flows through the main rad.

I found the conti’s pretty bad, they rolled over onto the sidewalls unless I put more pressure in them at which point they overheated after a single lap.

Smeared a good deal of pad material over the front discs too but it’s clearing up slowly.

Back