• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

found another occasional rattle depending on rpm and road surface that is the plastic trim that meets the headlining and holds the seat belts, removed corner of rear door seal and folded over some black sponge and shoved in the gap. total fix time around 2 minutes and pretty confident this will cure this as I had plenty of time drive to Preston and back to fiddle with this and think about the fix the over day.

Here is the foam I purchased https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50cmx50c...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I have a buzz coming from the mid dash speaker which stops when I remove it. Need to try and resolve that also have a really irritating buzz like you have described coming from the seat belt adjuster on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New brembo brake kit!
76da5a66f5d0357548c408b155949af3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Bit of curbing commander.....I only say that cos I DID MY FK8 WHEEL TODAY AND I WANT TO KILL SOMEONE

I feel your pain, I haven't kerbed mine as haven't parked near a kerb but do have a small scuff on the near side rear, I suspect from a pothole. With these rims it is inevitable.

Bit of curbing commander.....I only say that cos I DID MY FK8 WHEEL TODAY AND I WANT TO KILL SOMEONE
Oh no! Yes i kerbed a few of my rims over the last year! Will be getting them all refurbed before the summer

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

found another occasional rattle depending on rpm and road surface that is the plastic trim that meets the headlining and holds the seat belts, removed corner of rear door seal and folded over some black sponge and shoved in the gap. total fix time around 2 minutes and pretty confident this will cure this as I had plenty of time drive to Preston and back to fiddle with this and think about the fix the over day.

Here is the foam I purchased https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50cmx50c...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Only been to work and back (around 8 miles) but did not hear anything so suspect my £5 2 minute fix has sorted this and given it now feels supported when you press against the trim in the rear unlike before I suspect this is the case as before it was vibrating due to in not being supported securely and the foam packing now applies a little pressure against the trim to stop this.

Will be honest and say I feel the 9G Civic or for sure our 2014 Tourer and FK2 were clipped together better on the interior than the 10G FK8 as the Tourer had zero rattles to sort while the FK2 just had the drivers grab handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the worst car I have ever owned for interior rattles from brand new.
It has to be said.....its just not good enough Honda!
It hasn't put me off the car in any way though, I still love it. :)

had to take the n/s/f wheel off late last night to remove a stone that had lodged itself between the disc and the rear guard. It sounded like freddie krueger running his glove down a chalkboard. if the guards purpose is to keep crap away from the discs then it's certainly not doing it's job.

had to take the n/s/f wheel off late last night to remove a stone that had lodged itself between the disc and the rear guard. It sounded like freddie krueger running his glove down a chalkboard. if the guards purpose is to keep crap away from the discs then it's certainly not doing it's job.

Hah, I used to get that all the time in NZ with my EG; then again, I drove on a lot more unsealed roads out there.

Hah, I used to get that all the time in NZ with my EG; then again, I drove on a lot more unsealed roads out there.

ahh just like the roads in Essex then. they've given up repairing potholes these days. so much grit and gravel about the place you'd be forgiven for feeling that every drive is a rally stage.

This weekend I put LED interior light kit, LED side lights & number plates lights in -- looks much better now.
Also put in Sportlight +50% main beam bulbs from GE (£18 bogof deal at Halfords) -- can't tell how good they are 'cos I have been out in the dark yet.

I removed them on my old EK9, essentially from what I understand is they are to keep the discs from getting too wet and cold, thus reducing braking performance when you first start driving and when driving in wet weather, when I get the hoses and pads changed they will be coming off.

I removed them on my old EK9, essentially from what I understand is they are to keep the discs from getting too wet and cold, thus reducing braking performance when you first start driving and when driving in wet weather, when I get the hoses and pads changed they will be coming off.

interesting, in which case they probably don't help with heat dissipation, so it's also worth removing them to help cool the brakes a little bit better as well?

interesting, in which case they probably don't help with heat dissipation, so it's also worth removing them to help cool the brakes a little bit better as well?

Yes which was primarily the reason for removing them on my EK9, as used on track a lot.

Back