• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

also ordered (or joined the queue at least for) the K&N 33-5070 panel filter from K&N direct. got told they are expected to arrive from the US in 4 weeks time

I believe Dream have a shipment of 20 arriving anytime now ..

Car got it's new car Kochchemie treatment. Looks fantastic

39877680825_c459150758_k.jpg
[/url]IMG_1531 by mikeharper2, on Flickr[/IMG]

But type R means burnt hands in summer and freezing cold in winter!!! Its part of the experience...!

Nah, looks great mate, not seen that one before

Just a good old maintenance wash. Autofoam snowfoam, 2bm using carpro reset and wheels dressed with gyeon tyre. Carpro reload applied to keep the ceramic coating topped up.
Angelwax h2go applied to the front windscreen for super hydrophobic properties.
dff2ed5aa344f94a48d0fef8768ea501.jpg
5270e8adb33cc54f9f93f2cd20737a74.jpg
463ee20563eb98ba08b2a767c61085d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I ordered my track wheels today. I’ve been doing my research into fitment and sizes for months and decided on the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3. Unfortunately due to being the title sponsor and sole supplier of the BTCC Team Dynamics are months behind on production of the FK8 specific wheel and are quoting 15 weeks for a set.

I have 2 track days booked in July and need track rubber so unfortunately cannot wait that long.

I’ve gone with the O.Z. Superturismo LM in 18” The LM is a light track focused wheel and I’m hoping it’s going to look quite good on the FK8.

3cbc59e668d7b9bf98f9e7838e200a19.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered my track wheels today. I’ve been doing my research into fitment and sizes for months and decided on the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3. Unfortunately due to being the title sponsor and sole supplier of the BTCC Team Dynamics are months behind on production of the FK8 specific wheel and are quoting 15 weeks for a set.

I have 2 track days booked in July and need track rubber so unfortunately cannot wait that long.

I’ve gone with the O.Z. Superturismo LM in 18” The LM is a light track focused wheel and I’m hoping it’s going to look quite good on the FK8.

3cbc59e668d7b9bf98f9e7838e200a19.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What offset are those ?

I bought this for painting my hubs.
I'm assuming 250ml will be enough to do all 4....but god knows when I will actually get around to it. I expect it will be quite a time consuming job, and maybe not do all 4 on the same day.
The people that have done this did you do any surface preparation before painting?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Brake Caliper paint.jpg
    Brake Caliper paint.jpg
    1,000.2 KB · Views: 142
I bought this for painting my hubs.
I'm assuming 250ml will be enough to do all 4....but god knows when I will actually get around to it. I expect it will be quite a time consuming job, and maybe not do all 4 on the same day.
The people that have done this did you do any surface preparation before painting?
attachment.php

The hubs already have some paint on which I took as a good enough undercoat,so I just thoroughly cleaned the area (brake cleaner probably best for this).
I just put on one coat but two would be better.Better still would be to spray paint them to give a nice even coating,but then you need a fair bit of masking.

Yes spray paint would be better, but like you say I don't fancy having to protect against the overspray.
From what I've read most of these paints are quite thin so 2 coats could be necessary....but we will see.
I always make sure my car is in gear with hand brake on when jacking it up, but will have to remember to leave one or other off so that I can turn the hub for painting.

Are those seats actually built for a harness rather than having decorative holes?

Nobody can definitively say. I’ve based my decision on

- Given the car has been designed as a world car, specifically for the US market I can’t believe Honda would design something to allude to harness use, if there was going to be future law suits for people actually using harnesses

- lots of manufacturers are making specific harnesses for the type r to use the existing mounting points - again why would they develop them if there was the chance of legal ramifications in the future

I’ve mounted the harnesses with the schroth snap on mounts so no damage or drilling of car . Mounted to existing pen seatbelt mounting points

Back