• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Wow, what a finish. I thought I kept on top, but that is impressive.

No kerbing either, I must get my rims sorted!!!

@Fantheman Your sticker reminded me I had one sat there waiting for that spot too! Just fitted it now. Ayrton Senna signature as he was a big part of the Honda heritage with the birth of the NSX.

Wow, what a finish. I thought I kept on top, but that is impressive.

No kerbing either, I must get my rims sorted!!!

Thanks. I do have the advantage of having only covered 365 miles so that no doubt has a lot to do with it! Just trying to add a layer of preventative care while it’s fresh

Very impressive!
I have a cut to fit rubber mat from a previous car which I would love to replace, could you let me know where I could get one please?

Cheers
Dave

That’s it Mark.

The cox one is a fair bit cheaper and more than suffices. I just went for the US one for the splash of colour and full fit to the boot.

It’s funny looking over on the civicX forum how many bits and pieces they don’t get in their type R and yet there are a few things they have we don’t.

I like how they get a smart little sub tucked away neatly in the right hand boot alcove and the cup holder section between the two rear seats is a nice touch too.

Is that an SGS jack David? How are you liking it? Need a new low entry one and thinking of picking one up.

My FK8 is polished metal and pleased with that choice but I love the red. Wanted a change after 4 yrs in a red FN2 but every time I see pics of gleaming red cars I feel slight twinge of regret....

Is that an SGS jack David? How are you liking it? Need a new low entry one and thinking of picking one up.

My FK8 is polished metal and pleased with that choice but I love the red. Wanted a change after 4 yrs in a red FN2 but every time I see pics of gleaming red cars I feel slight twinge of regret....

Yes it’s the SGS jack. I only have one of those red mass produced 1 tonne jacks to compare to. That never inspired much confidence but to be fair it did me for years!

When I bought my FN2 it was lowered and I had to get a low profile jack for it. Figured I’d get something with enough guts for the CRV at the same time.

Decided to go with the “lighter” aluminium jack which is allegedly more portable and I’m so glad I did! It’s still a heavy piece of kit to get out the shed and carry through the house to the front car port. Just something to bear in mind if you don’t have the luxury of a garage to push one around!

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/tja...I2cLEoNzt6AIVD-ztCh1Fbg8kEAQYASABEgILFvD_BwE#

Got around to fitting this today. I think it looks a lot better than the OEM one.
a41afa8298b822b3bf33bfde68e3ffea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi Paul. A bit fiddly and a couple of hours taking it steady. Biggest worry was trying not to break any plastic or clips. The new gaiter is quite a tight fit and needed a bit of 'persuasion'..

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ah those were the days...Were you taking it easy and breaking it in before lockdown or cracked straight on?

Interesting display choice, I vary between brake and accelerator monitor and turbo.....fun fact of the day

ah those were the days...Were you taking it easy and breaking it in before lockdown or cracked straight on?

Interesting display choice, I vary between brake and accelerator monitor and turbo.....fun fact of the day

I like the Android Auto display now the Album Cover Image displays on the dash :) but agree it's the Turbo when I'm on a mission or fuel economy when the girls are in the car and we're on a drive to the coast.....which I have very distant memories about doing these days.

Yeah that dash image isn't my usual. I'd not set it back to my choice right after faffing with the menu's to figure where I reset my tyre pressure indicator.

Despite doing just 400 I've managed to pick up one of those wood staples in my rear tyre. It was letting a minute amount of air out which I only noticed when it was wet while washing them off the car the other week. I've just dabbed a little superglue around there for now as the staple is in clean and in a radial groove so presently lower than the contact area. I know its a bit ghetto but if it holds ok it will mean I can make less than the usual weekly trip to the tyre dealers FK8 owners seem to have to make to patch their Conti 6's!!

I'll do it if it shows any sign of leaking again or when this lockdown is over. (Whichever happens first)

Digressing a bit now but when the tyre indicator came on, even though visually they looked fine I thought I'd check all pressures at the petrol station. The 3 unpunctured tyres were all at 40psi!!!! Ironically the only correct one was the one that had leaked a little.

Everything correct now and I also figured out how to reset the tyre pressure warning which is from the head unit on mine not the dash. Not triggered again since.

I've been switching between boost and MPG mostly. MPG is the more interesting one for me at the moment seeing as I'm not yet going full boost! Avg 28.8mpg at the moment which is all short round trip stuff so I'm pretty pleased with that.

Will avoid full boost, pedal to floor, redline action until I get my 700 miles (at this rate sometime in the year 2022) and I get my underpants teflon coated in readiness.

Back