• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Nice! Did you fit it yourself Bazza?

Lots of yanks struggling with it and having to chop the secondary scoop to make it fit

Nice! Did you fit it yourself Bazza?

Lots of yanks struggling with it and having to chop the secondary scoop to make it fit

Hi Mate,

yes fitted myself and had a few niggles to be fair,

lower scoop was a pig to fit and needed to completely remove the earth lead out of the way, refitted later once scoop was in place, smeared lots of silicone grease over the bottom of the scoop and the oil feed pipes to help it locate correctly.

Maf sensor holder, the screws supplied didn't fit into the pre drilled holes in the alloy adapter plate so required machining out, luckily I have access to do this or maybe obtain smaller screws.

Had to also spin the clip for the rad/water pipe that sits below the Silicone adapter tube as this was fouling the silicone tube and making it sit high.

The quality of the inlet is superb, my only gripe with this is that the internal of the filter box is on show when the bonnet is open and its not finished off very well.

Overall I am happy and it sounds lovely under load and creates noises I wanted to hear, is it worth £1,200 ? , well its a bit expensive but the car does feel smooth when driving and it looks beautiful.

Hope that helps

so i changed the wheel nuts to black ones today, i purchased Porsche alluminuim black as they where way cheaper than the rip off priced honda steel black ones. look great and have a bit of a weight saving bonus too :D
added pics of weight differences (last pic is the nuts removed from the car in total)
Don't suppose anyone knows where I can get some black plastic caps for the locking wheel nuts? Having difficulty finding any and it's sort of spoiling the look a little

Took my pipercross panel filter out for a clean today and noticed the paint on the grille side was peeling off in places, so effectively black bits going into my engine..! :mad: Ordered a k&n instead.

I think people did warn me on here about pipercross so, you were right. If anyone else has one I'd give it a check

Happy VE Day

I’m glad he took the time to show himself putting on his shoes. You know a dude is the real deal when he can put on his own shoes.

Replaced the flaking pipercross with the k&n last night. Not sure if it's in my head but defo felt an increase in throttle response.

Eventuri next for some proper suck woosh blow

Got 4 new tyres from Camskill. OEM Conti's (without the lip, wish me luck). £180 each inc vat. Being fitted this week by Honda along with the B service.

don't laugh too hard but I'm on 15,000 miles between 6 tyres (I had rotated the wheels initially and then swapped the fronts over with a spare set I bought from dotty when he lost the love for a bit). :lol:

I have got used to the no-lip now looks wise anyway as I liked the looked of the lipped version better

How have you got Honda to fit them though? They said absolutely not when I tried that one..! Love the consistency with dealers.

My service due soon light came on over the weekend, after an oil change only in Feb.

Also my first options letter came. £15.6K and she is mine, give back (and pay mileage penalties) or use the equity for a deposit. Values are around £23-25K used (for now lord knows what covid will do to these), so a fair bit less for WBAC I guess. I have not done PCP before, how does it work in terms of what honda use as deposit for next car? Presume the value is what they would pay for it if it was PX? three more years in a new car would be tempting, but could be longer wait times due to factory starting up slowly...or honda could be looking to make money and offer me a good deal :confused:

I am 99% sure though will get a loan then keep my options open....but then go to Dream immediately...:lol:

so i changed my horn today, i wanted something loud that people would hear and get out of the way! not something that made you cringe when you pressed it :lol:
fitted Hella twin kit :cool: i reckon they're waaaaaaay better than the stock roadrunner 'meep meep' horns.
also looks kinda cool when you peak through

horn 1.jpghorn peak.jpg

Was it an easy job Mick? Driving home tonight I tooted my mate and I forgot how embarrassing the standard horn sounds... may be doing an upgrade soon..

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

its easy peasy, just push out the grill from the gap on the side (near vents in bumper) and there is one clip near the bottom centre to remove. tricky to explain but easy to do, you sort of push the black grill including foglight surround out from the vent side, then reach your hand behind to get to the clip and the whole thing comes of in one piece. this gives you loads of access to fit the horns and get to the fog light if you need to :D
if your accident prone use some masking tape around the edges of the paint work just in case

heres another photo with 1 horn in place but more of an open shot
horn single.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for posting about the Horn it's a pet peave of mine, I have to use the horn at work a lot and its sooo embarassing!
How much do they cost, where from and how does it sound now?
thanks.

I have got used to the no-lip now looks wise anyway as I liked the looked of the lipped version better

How have you got Honda to fit them though? They said absolutely not when I tried that one..! Love the consistency with dealers.

My service due soon light came on over the weekend, after an oil change only in Feb.

Also my first options letter came. £15.6K and she is mine, give back (and pay mileage penalties) or use the equity for a deposit. Values are around £23-25K used (for now lord knows what covid will do to these), so a fair bit less for WBAC I guess. I have not done PCP before, how does it work in terms of what honda use as deposit for next car? Presume the value is what they would pay for it if it was PX? three more years in a new car would be tempting, but could be longer wait times due to factory starting up slowly...or honda could be looking to make money and offer me a good deal :confused:

I am 99% sure though will get a loan then keep my options open....but then go to Dream immediately...:lol:

I think they will be falling over selves to push out new cars now, however despite the world wide sales success of the FK8 I’m unsure how popular it has been in the U.K, it is a niche car to Honda bit like NSX so doubt they will do much discount.

Think Honda work out difference between trade in price and balance then use the balance as your deposit.

Last edited by a moderator:
so i changed my horn today, i wanted something loud that people would hear and get out of the way! not something that made you cringe when you pressed it :lol:
fitted Hella twin kit :cool: i reckon they're waaaaaaay better than the stock roadrunner 'meep meep' horns.
also looks kinda cool when you peak through

View attachment 20312View attachment 20313

I always wondered what these were at car shows, normally two visible through the grill of subarus

Horn is pathetic two road rage incidents at the weekend bet they didn't even hear me beeping

I had a good nose around the engine bay and noticed some rust from the screw that pops up on the suspension turret, anyone else got the same?
Also noticed screws on pax side passenger door rusty too. Now I’m keeping the car I’m keen to address these issues.

On the upside yesterday had a great day out 400 miles and an 8 mile walk :)

Back