• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

nice, very discreet like that. Also love the location of the Cig lighter in the civic, nice and hidden away. Bloke in Honda who did that, clap, clap - hope you get promoted to the infotainment screen next time...

I have a next base cheap and cheerful at the mo, but have asked or a fwd and rear facing jobbie for xmas. My neighbour has one with really prominent blue flashing light, think he thinks he is an undercover copper, gets me each time he is behind me....

No idea... he has one of them Focus RS mk3 things so its a bit like the Montague and Capulets....we want to speak to each other, but we just aren't allowed....:D

Also love the location of the Cig lighter in the civic, nice and hidden away.
Me too, its great! :smt041
I was intending to hardwire my Nextbase 412GW, but because the 12V outlet is positioned out of sight in this car I simply plug the standard connection into it and leave it there. The power goes on and off with the ignition, and I have no other use for the socket anyway so its absolutely perfect. :smt041

Did this over a week ago but only just got round to taking a pic.

Fitted my dashcam.

It's a VIOFO A119 v2

38155880935_0821c3ed51_b.jpg

24176120247_e39587d39b_b.jpg

I spent ages looking at cams deciding what I wanted. Nearly got a nextbase duo hd but most the cams were just too bulky and I wanted something inconspicuous, something I could leave in the car and forget about.

Finally, decided on this. The form factor is great, comes with gps and the usual additional functions. Capacitor based and the video quality is phenomenal!

n.b. this is not the link I used as I just asked for it for a birthday prezzie
https://www.amazon.co.uk/VIOFO-A119...1513209147&sr=8-1&keywords=viofo+a119+v2&th=1

I haven't hardwired it yet, just used the dual cigar adapter it comes with but I do have a kit to do it when I get time.

I use it with the gps mount and CPL filter.

If anyone's interested I could grab a clip off the camera but yeh.. massively happy with it.
I've just bought one of these based on your recommendation! I've been meaning to buy a discreet one for ages. Once it's here I'll see if it's going to show the big crack across the top of the screen, might be time to get it changed!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I've just bought one of these based on your recommendation! I've been meaning to buy a discreet one for ages. Once it's here I'll see if it's going to show the big crack across the top of the screen, might be time to get it changed!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Cool, hope you like it :)

Little tip, when it arrives the 1st thing you need to ensure is you have the v2 (I heard some reviews where they ordered the v2 and got the v1). The simplest way to tell is the v2 has a bigger higher quality lens and as such only moves up and down to align. The older one can move from side to side. Many improvements in the v2 so definitely make sure you have the right one.

https://www.carcamcentral.com/review/viofo-a119-review

Good luck with it

Good news and bad news.

So good news, the right door sills have arrived :smt041:smt041

Bad news, Xmas service department closed and Rev Matching issue as per other thread, so no idea when it will be sorted. Oh and good luck removing the rear ones as they’re stuck on.

collected car, installed cool white interior led lamps, footwell lighting and dashcam.

Please note on 9G Civic, 10G Civic and CRV if you solder wires as shown to the light above the mirror your dash cam powers up as soon as you unlock the car and stay on until you lock the car and is protected by the lighting 10A fuse under the bonnet. 10 minute installation full stop no messing

20171222_135510.jpg
P1010874.JPG

Fixed very very slight occasional dash rattle which is the dash cover above the speedo. I removed this (just pulls up on dash clips towards the windowscreen) and applied some doubles sided foam tape to the foam tape honda applied. This just makes the cushioning thickening to eliminate the rattles plus the stickiness of the tape helps to stop it moving. Total job time around 5 minutes and less than £1 ;)

Fixed very very slight occasional dash rattle which is the dash cover above the speedo. I removed this (just pulls up on dash clips towards the windowscreen) and applied some doubles sided foam tape to the foam tape honda applied. This just makes the cushioning thickening to eliminate the rattles plus the stickiness of the tape helps to stop it moving. Total job time around 5 minutes and less than £1 ;)

All dash rattles now 100% cured, the last rattle I had was the window screen pillar trim which you remove by removing bolt behind the airbag logo. This just require some foam sponge tape to the contact points with the body work and all fixed in under 10 minutes but did take me a few days to locate this one as only did when the car was first started most of the time which I know is strange but was also true. I did find if I tapped this the rattling would either go away or get worse so again was pretty sure I have found the source of the rattle.

There are far too many interior rattles on this car, and they all appear to be affected by it to one degree or another..
Mine vary when they happen, but seem to be worse from cold.
This is something I am definitely not impressed with.....it is just not good enough Honda!

Back