• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

No messing about then! Enjoy the new car feeling :D

No never do. Don’t want to offend but I have had some really big power builds but all on the VAG scene in the past. Really wanted a change and test drove the FK8 and loved it so the start of something big here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its helps Paul West of TDI told me the PRL intake is the best bang for buck and the new Injen Evo intake is also awesome. No where near as blingy but fraction of the price of the eventuri

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I always do my research before buying and performance to price may be that of the Injen but actual end result looking at stage 2 and beyond the Eventuri seems to perform better.

I think most would go for the eventuri if they could so fair play if you've got the £

I think most would go for the eventuri if they could so fair play if you've got the £

To be fair I was thinking on price but at current tuning on the FK8 there is not a lot that comes close the more you tune and just tend to try and not buy twice.

I'm not going to go past stage 2 for mine so I've just got a K&N panel filter in at the minute. Bang for buck, factoring in heat soak, it out does most other intakes from what I've seen, with the exceptions of the afore mentioned.

Buy twice... I made that mistake getting a custom exhaust. Lovely bit of kit for what it is but want to get rid and replace with something a bit more refined.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to go past stage 2 for mine so I've just got a K&N panel filter in at the minute. Bang for buck, factoring in heat soak, it out does most other intakes from what I've seen, with the exceptions of the afore mentioned.

I would like stage 3/3+ where I take most of my builds I will go as far as hybrid turbo but not big turbo build. Be nice to be around 450bhp at about 1.2-1.4 bar.

Buy twice... I made that mistake getting a custom exhaust. Lovely bit of kit for what it is but want to get rid and replace with something a bit more refined.

What are you looking at? Custom exhausts are not always bad ... I have had 3 from past builds all from EMP in St Albans.

I would like stage 3/3+ where I take most of my builds I will go as far as hybrid turbo but not big turbo build. Be nice to be around 450bhp at about 1.2-1.4 bar.

I just couldn't justify spending that much on my FK8, I always think about what else I could have bought if I'd kept the money and piled it in to a motor. Then again might be a different story if I but the bullet!

What are you looking at? Custom exhausts are not always bad ... I have had 3 from past builds all from EMP in St Albans.

I've got a 3 inch custom cat back on at the minute. Miltek style tips. Nice piece, very nice. Done by the exhaust doctor in Newcastle, has the best rep in the North East by a long way. I fancy the HKS spec l though

I just couldn't justify spending that much on my FK8, I always think about what else I could have bought if I'd kept the money and piled it in to a motor. Then again might be a different story if I but the bullet!

But, get what you want is a £50-60k price tag ... tuning allows you to buy the car, improve and build the way you want it not the way the manufacturer wanted it

I've got a 3 inch custom cat back on at the minute. Miltek style tips. Nice piece, very nice. Done by the exhaust doctor in Newcastle, has the best rep in the North East by a long way. I fancy the HKS spec l though

To be fair I looked at the HKS twin tip looks really nice and the sound is supposed to be amazing.

Newcastle? Your a northern lad?!?!

The custom system is loud and does sound well, everyone comments on it. Had another custom fabricator say its the best exhaust system he's ever seen craftsmanship wise. I just like the look of the HKS, proper jap style and think the smaller diameter pipe and extra resonators will take the edge off when I have the Mrs and little boy in the car haha! It's pretty much straight through at the minute just one resonator in the middle.

Yes but I'm not a geordie before that one comes out. Like a swear word where I'm from

I'm thinking it'll go to JM imports for a map eventually. Just running a tuning box at the minute.

The custom system is loud and does sound well, everyone comments on it. Had another custom fabricator say its the best exhaust system he's ever seen craftsmanship wise. I just like the look of the HKS, proper jap style and think the smaller diameter pipe and extra resonators will take the edge off when I have the Mrs and little boy in the car haha! It's pretty much straight through at the minute just one resonator in the middle.

Yes but I'm not a geordie before that one comes out. Like a swear word where I'm from

I'm thinking it'll go to JM imports for a map eventually. Just running a tuning box at the minute.

Yeah, I don’t want noise ... I want exhaust to be reasonable sound ... few to look at and visit to hear ... but hks from internet videos kinda sounds like my choice ATM.

Your same as me, Newcastle living but not Geordie

Yeah, I don’t want noise ... I want exhaust to be reasonable sound ... few to look at and visit to hear ... but hks from internet videos kinda sounds like my choice ATM.

Your same as me, Newcastle living but not Geordie

I'm in Sunderland. That's the trouble, sometimes difficult to guage on the net but I figure if anyone knows what they're doing hks are bound it get it right!

I'm in Sunderland. That's the trouble, sometimes difficult to guage on the net but I figure if anyone knows what they're doing hks are bound it get it right!

Sunderland, just down the road ... Washington

Wow so many from up norf (me included) :D

I changed my mirror caps today to the real carbon fiber versions :D
Resizer_15951888666000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If its helps Paul West of TDI told me the PRL intake is the best bang for buck and the new Injen Evo intake is also awesome. No where near as blingy but fraction of the price of the eventuri

This video is pretty informative with regards to available intakes :D

[video=youtube_share;CaR2luCjEpo]https://youtu.be/CaR2luCjEpo[/video]

Back