• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

I was close to getting the Focus, being a bit of a ford fanboy (as well as honda fear not) but when I looked at them both, the civic just looked more of an occasion, i.e. nuts. Had the Mk1 Rs, and adored the butch Mk2, but the Mk3 left me cold. Ordered an FK8 then was mighty relieved when the hot hatch shoot out tests came in...I remember reading them thinking "dont let the ford win, dont let the ford win..'

Your mates 430BHP one though must be an animal...

After installing my latest mods.
Eventuri turbopipe.
Ptp Turbo Blanket.
Ptp Lava wrap to Downpipe.

I’m booked in next week to see Paul west for a smooth out of my Stage 2.5 map on Ktuner, and maybe a small increase in the boost pressure.

My last figures were 410 on the dyno at Nuneaton, but a seriously hot day, I’m hoping a spin on the dyno at TDI North With some tweeks may produce alittle more.

I find the car still great to drive with an extra 100hp, just abit more aggressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
After installing my latest mods.
Eventuri turbopipe.
Ptp Turbo Blanket.
Ptp Lava wrap to Downpipe.

I’m booked in next week to see Paul west for a smooth out of my Stage 2.5 map on Ktuner, and maybe a small increase in the boost pressure.

My last figures were 410 on the dyno at Nuneaton, but a seriously hot day, I’m hoping a spin on the dyno at TDI North With some tweeks may produce alittle more.

I find the car still great to drive with an extra 100hp, just abit more aggressive.

As we were chatting its more the monstrous torque I find impressive..!!

Machine polish stage done. Cannot believe how much better it looks, even than the showroom.

Just the ceramic left to do tomorrow.

Looks great did you do it yourself?

Thanks, I’m really pleased with it. No it’s a friend doing it for me. He has all the gear there. I used to have a Das6 Pro polisher and did my teg a few years ago but when that car went, so did the polisher.

My mate uses a pair of rupees polishers which tend to be the ones everyone raves about and when I priced them up to buy it just wasn’t worth the outlay so I’m paying him to do it instead. He coated his own car and it looks absolutely spot on so I know it’s in good hands.

Machine polish stage done. Cannot believe how much better it looks, even than the showroom.

Must say, I was at the dealership the other day and it's amazing how, when compared side by side, you can see so much of a difference from the "dealership finish" to mine, which just has a nicer gloss and reflection - By no means a full / massive effort on my part, just a quick polish and Soft99 Waxing, but it makes a world of difference.

The champ white civic paint in my view doesn't give a lot of love back, even after a good polish and wax. True of white cars in general I suppose. On the one hand they hide swirls and marks really well, so even with in between maintenance washes can look sparkling and clean, but then after a thorough detail session, don't 'pop' like a red or a black or PMM would. Not complaining, still the best colour :p

The champ white civic paint in my view doesn't give a lot of love back, even after a good polish and wax. True of white cars in general I suppose. On the one hand they hide swirls and marks really well, so even with in between maintenance washes can look sparkling and clean, but then after a thorough detail session, don't 'pop' like a red or a black or PMM would. Not complaining, still the best colour :p
Just seen a champ white in the flesh, that wasn't spanking clean, for the first time. Can't say it did much to pull me away from polished metal!

Was mapped by TDI North with what looked like a milltec, sounded well though! On Seaham sea front around 7.30 for any of the lads from the North East if that was you?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Are you doing a EU Rally??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No group of 6 friends, I have been a couple of times before and organised the routes myself. We drive once a month together, so no bravado and run at a pace that everyone's happy with, be good this trip as 4 of them haven’t driven there before.

No group of 6 friends, I have been a couple of times before and organised the routes myself. We drive once a month together, so no bravado and run at a pace that everyone's happy with, be good this trip as 4 of them haven’t driven there before.

There are some amazing roads out there. Done a couple on our own and Rico Rally 2016 only organised one I have done as a mate was doing it ... Romania was still my favourite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds awesome, what other cars are in the mixer out of interest?

Would love to do Romania but not on this trip.

Not sure exactly what cars are coming as couple of them have several cars, but suspect Ferrari 430 Scuderia, AMG Merc GTR, 675LT, RS4, Cobra and my FK8.

Would love to do Romania but not on this trip.

Not sure exactly what cars are coming as couple of them have several cars, but suspect Ferrari 430 Scuderia, AMG Merc GTR, 675LT, RS4, Cobra and my FK8.

That’s some pretty serious machinery! Least you and the rs4 won’t have trouble over speed bumps

Back